CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pendragon

7th February 2012, 14:33
Thanks. I was thinking of interior decorating actually!

Regarding the six-word phrase, I have almost all the letters (three clues to go, ;plus one additional iffy, but obvious, initial) and it still doesn't even start to look like making sense!
31 of 45  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

7th February 2012, 14:36
Thanks peterm, that was my preferred choice but wasn't sure where director came in apart from having rect in it and that was already dealt with.
32 of 45  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

7th February 2012, 14:38
It's not 6 words, it's 5 (one hyphenated) plus a letter. The six words are the ones that get changed.
33 of 45  -   Report This Post

pendragon

7th February 2012, 15:08
Thanks, teenieleek. That explains why I had a letter over. The message appears to be clear (reference the down clue), but what one changes still isn't, even with all the letters. Still, one clue left to do ...
34 of 45  -   Report This Post

pendragon

7th February 2012, 15:13
I've just seen the FR. I've still got 19D to do though.
35 of 45  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

7th February 2012, 15:46
Hi Genius-doers,
Just come back onto the forum to see what other poeple thought of this one. I agree with teenieleek, a clever effort by Tramp, and much more fun than the last couple of hard-slog Geniuses. Also, I love the way people have used the forum to give subtle hints rather than answers - as it should be done, in my opinion. Until next month then.....
36 of 45  -   Report This Post

james

8th February 2012, 17:07
Grid completed, as well as the transformation. Very, very, clever!

My problem is to understand the wordplay in 21D (assuming I'm right of course). The last three letters present no difficulty. I just can't get to grips with the three words "finally cutting jelly".

Any hint would be appreciated, within the rules of this forum.
37 of 45  -   Report This Post

peterm

8th February 2012, 17:29
K-Y (jelly).
38 of 45  -   Report This Post

james

9th February 2012, 10:34
Dear me! I'd never heard of it! Many thanks.
39 of 45  -   Report This Post

james

9th February 2012, 10:44
Incidentally, my home is in France, and I don't believe KY is sold over here (not in the usual pharmaceutical outlets anyway).

Again, thanks. 8-)
40 of 45  -   Report This Post