CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jws

2nd February 2012, 21:08
6 french keyboard?
21 of 41  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

2nd February 2012, 21:09
All I can think of is spell out.
22 of 41  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

2nd February 2012, 21:20
jws: sorry, I'm too thick to get your allusion, tho' I'm using one myself!
aristo:you mean for nr 3? Not at all what I meant:you mean "spout" for flower + "ell" for leaves? Ingenious, but not quite to the point, I fear! What do we call the first tiny appearance of a potential flower? And this one has real leaves, too:that's what's so special about it (I think, from the Ch. definition: I'm not an expert).
23 of 41  -   Report This Post

jws

2nd February 2012, 21:23
I thought the first word might be french from "dit"
24 of 41  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

2nd February 2012, 21:30
That's what I thought you thought! No, it's just another way of saying "scatterbrained"' using adverb + passive participle, to put it pedantically! And it fits in with all the other "muddled/mixed" expressions!
25 of 41  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

2nd February 2012, 21:31
Sorry. Lost internet again since last post. Obviously something bud. Is the other something deprived?
26 of 41  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

2nd February 2012, 21:36
You mean deprived of certain letters? No, simply leaves as leaves on a tree! The word comes up in several other solutions, and you'll find the exp. under that heading in Ch., even 11th edition --- they've been around for a few million years, I guess..............
27 of 41  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

2nd February 2012, 21:42
No, I meant for ditzy- something like thought deprived.
28 of 41  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

2nd February 2012, 21:50
No: even a clever mind can become this, e.g. thru (I love that spelling)multi-tasking --- like when I cook, watch telly,look out for the postman & try to answer your qq all at the same time (self-praise unintentional there, for my critics)...
29 of 41  -   Report This Post

jws

2nd February 2012, 21:55
easily confused? i know I am
30 of 41  -   Report This Post