CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

18th January 2012, 10:34
Enjoying it and completed half this morning.
Very well done Les and clue-setters.

11 of 203  -   Report This Post

jws

18th January 2012, 10:53
It looks great, Les. Even better I know 4 answers already! Well done indeed.
12 of 203  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th January 2012, 12:54
I haven't finished yet, but I feel compelled to pause and report that this is a blast! Some great clues indeed. I have question marks beside a couple of them, but will wait till the dust settles to post queries. Thanks so much, Les. So nice to mingle with cyber-friends "on the grid"!
13 of 203  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th January 2012, 13:13
WOW...looking good Les40!

Off out to buy an ink cartridge, what a day to run out.

Seeya...
14 of 203  -   Report This Post

ab

18th January 2012, 13:27
Looks really good. Congratulations to Les and thanks to all involved.
15 of 203  -   Report This Post

captain hook

18th January 2012, 13:57
Well done indeed Les, for a monumental effort which must have taken you hours.

I think there may be a spelling issue with 51 across but perhaps a little early to tell yet.

Have done about a third so far and really looking forward to our Grandson's swimming less at 6pm so that I can carry on!!

16 of 203  -   Report This Post

les40

18th January 2012, 15:34
Ah! Captain Hook,

I am intrigued with your critique of 51 Across, that's one of my clues.
I was working fast to get my 12 clues ready for print and on inspection of this clue, I can see no spelling mistake as I have kept the tense of the clue words in matching order of the tense of the answer.
Maybe... and only maybe, the first 3 words of the clue could warrant the use of "For instance" as it is an example of the answer, however, spelling mistakes, I see none.
You also have to remember Captain, that I am dyslexic (I know how to spell that now), and when mistakes are pointed out, I do take extra special notice to check them, so as to strive to get it right.
I comment on the forum regularly on my lack of expertise in the world of literature because when I was a schoolboy, I shied away from reading and tended to apply myself more on the sports field and in the sciences. It is only since my schooldays that I gained an interest in words when my father took me under his wing and taught me the magnificence of the English language and the beautiful mystery of the The Cryptic Crossword to which he himself was a legend (well, to me he was).
I do welcome any more feedback on this, in case I have completely missed something

Thanks Les40
17 of 203  -   Report This Post

ab

18th January 2012, 15:44
No spelling issues that I can see anywhere. All seems to fit together well. In 51 may be the good Cap'n is expecting "ou" when it's "u"?
18 of 203  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th January 2012, 15:54
Agree that 51a is fine.
I now have 5 still to do. It is always the short ones that cause the most problems.
It is hard to put this down and no housework being done !
19 of 203  -   Report This Post

rosalind

18th January 2012, 17:26
Jazzgirl, do not ever forget Shirley Conran (I think it was)-
"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"
or do the dusting for that matter!
Have only done 2 but working on it
20 of 203  -   Report This Post