CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

18th January 2012, 17:24
I've had a nice reply to my Email to the readers' editor, from Pamela Hutchinson, viz:

Thank you very much for getting in touch about the Cryptic crossword layout straddling the fold in the main section -- you are not alone in expressing some anguish about this!

We wanted to let you know that editors will definitely be taking a hard second look. Any change to a segment such as this can have knock-on effects not immediately apparent from the reader side, so revisions are not a simple matter … nonetheless, your point is definitely receiving serious attention.

With luck, solutions will be found (pun intended).

11 of 15  -   Report This Post

cedric

19th January 2012, 11:25
Glad I am not the only one moaning. It is bloody ridiculous. I have emailed the LETTERS Editor- I see they are printing complaints. So far no action. Everybody MUST moan!
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

cedric

19th January 2012, 11:25
Glad I am not the only one moaning. It is bloody ridiculous. I have emailed the LETTERS Editor- I see they are printing complaints. So far no action. Everybody MUST moan!
13 of 15  -   Report This Post

sallyw

19th January 2012, 14:05
The same thing happened with the Times crossword when they altered the layout, and I complained but was told that there was no possibility of it changing for the forseeable future. Only on a Saturday is it possible to fold the paper in that way. It's obviously done for financial reasons, rather than for the readers.
14 of 15  -   Report This Post

chrise

20th January 2012, 11:09
Near success! Crossword today very nearly (all but one word) on half of the paper. OK, it's the top half, not the bottom as we are used to, but I am sure that I will get used to this layout too.
15 of 15  -   Report This Post