CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wendy

11th January 2012, 20:19
Well done Paul - good clue.

Well done to THEA too of course.
51 of 59  -   Report This Post

les40

12th January 2012, 00:02
Well done Paul.
52 of 59  -   Report This Post

blue moon

12th January 2012, 01:27
Well done Paul, I've sneaked a look at your prize and cant help thinking the images have been plaguriazed from my mind in the late 70s.
As you have probably worked out I am quite new to cryptic crosswords, but love the word play. So could Peterm or anybody explain his post please. Sorry if I appear dim, but I'm only learning.
53 of 59  -   Report This Post

rosalind

12th January 2012, 08:47
Hi Blue Moon
I am only a beginner myself, so I'm pleased to be able to help.
Granddaughters is an anagram of "danger-hard tugs", and "make it all better" is the clue to it's being an anagram (there's a posh word for that but I've forgotten it!). Little girls is to define granddaughters
Cheers
R
54 of 59  -   Report This Post

tonyw

12th January 2012, 09:00
well done paul

Rosalind,I think blue moon wanted peterm's clue explained. i.e.hoy-oy-oy.I don't understand it either .
55 of 59  -   Report This Post

rosalind

12th January 2012, 09:56
Oops sorry. Had bad night, but should still read posts properly! Going back to bed......
56 of 59  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

12th January 2012, 12:01
Rosalind, the word is 'anagrind' -- a conflation of 'anagram indicator'.
57 of 59  -   Report This Post

peterm

12th January 2012, 12:07
I'll try and explain.

An oy is Scottish word for grandchild (source: Chambers). Hoy (as in the island in Orkney) is supposed to be an indicator that the word is Scottish. So to my warped mind oy oy meant grandchildren.

It seemed good when I first wrote it, but a bit naff now that I try to explain it!
58 of 59  -   Report This Post

blue moon

12th January 2012, 14:14
Many thanks for the explanation peterm, thats the idea of doing these things isn't it? You learn a little more everyday.
59 of 59  -   Report This Post