CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mary

14th August 2009, 01:13
SOLD CHEAPLY IN A NOVEL WAY
-E-A---E-E-
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

the joker

14th August 2009, 04:16
REMAINDERED.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

coline

14th August 2009, 12:28
Hi, Joker,
That is another new word for me, to go along with redaction, which seems to be in vogue at the moment and which I had not come across previously. Shows that this site serves not only the original questioner, but us "interested by-standers" as well.
Colin
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

big dave

14th August 2009, 13:58
The term particularly applies to books, where the copies left over from the print run are sold at a reduced price. It is the ultimate indignity for an author!
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

the joker

14th August 2009, 14:56
ColinE and Big Dave
I must admit I had qualms about using this word but it seemed to fit as the answer so well.
Seems you can take the noun,turn it into a verb and make it past tense. What is the world coming to?
Kind regards
Joker
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

harrhy

14th August 2009, 17:02
There's a poem by Clive James all about remaindering:
http://torch.cs.dal.ca/~johnston/poetry/bookofmyenemy.html
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

mary

18th August 2009, 12:29
Thanks a million to Joker for the answer to my crossword clue -remaindered-, and to all who sent additional helpful info. Had been scratching my head for a long time over that one and submitted my request more in hope than in expectation as I'd never used this site before. Thanks again. M
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

the joker

18th August 2009, 13:11
Hi Harrhy
Many thanks for your link to the poem by Clive James,which I thoroughly enjoyed reading.
All I can say is that if the word REMAINDERED is good enough for Clive James then who am I to have doubts.
Many thanks
Joker
8 of 8  -   Report This Post