CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

23rd December 2011, 11:21
Still no sign of the latest RT in this sleepy village.
Happy Christmas to all and a Healthy and Peaceful New Year. J
11 of 21  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd December 2011, 19:25
Managed to get a copy, and have just finished the xword. The last two to solve were 4d (I had not heard of the shrub) and 8a. It is always the short words that cause me the most trouble.
J
12 of 21  -   Report This Post

butterfly

24th December 2011, 00:43
Hi Magworth - I was thinking of puritan but musical sounds right as well - what do you think?
13 of 21  -   Report This Post

magworth

24th December 2011, 09:02
Morning Butterfly! Did you click the coloured squares on Google ?
Puritan - using `purr`. Hmmm. Could be ! What does Jazzgirl think I wonder?
Just about to go out for the Times and the puzzles therein, so I`ll look here later.
Happy C. M.
14 of 21  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th December 2011, 09:13
Good morning all.
Happy Christmas fellow RT'ers and others who may be peeking at our postings ;)
Well, 17d I have opted for Musical (but I am biased being a bit musical myself !)
Cats the musical, and also "making sounds" seems to fit.
I feel that jazzgirl is a misnomer, as I have been tuned in to Classic FM for the last couple of weeks. I find it very soothing and uplifting. I will have to change my name !
Best wishes to all
J
15 of 21  -   Report This Post

butterfly

26th December 2011, 23:22
Yes I think you've all convinced me that puritan is wrong, so I'll go with musical. It does make more sense. Never got round to seeing Cats, saw Wizard of Oz recently - it was brilliant.
16 of 21  -   Report This Post

mondrian

27th December 2011, 12:17
Christmas greetings to all the RT contributors. I have missed reading your postings and contributing recently as omputers at Library have been out of action. Am using my daughter`s laptop and catching up with most of you (some people missing though - hope they are ok). Haven`t started on the new crossword yet - but looking forward to it.

I too watched Wizard of Oz last night from start to finish. Agree with Butterfly. It is marvellous. Over the years I have watched bits and pieces of it and I remember seeing it as a child and being scared. But what a masterpiece it is.

In case the Library computers are still out of action when I go home I`ll take this chance to wish you all a very happy New Year and good health to all especially to those who have had a difficult time this year.
17 of 21  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th December 2011, 13:23
Happy and Healthy New Year to you Mondrian, and all the rest of the RT-ers.
Best wishes
J
18 of 21  -   Report This Post

old gal

27th December 2011, 15:48
Hope you all had a good Christmas and here's wishing everyone a Good and Healthy New Year! Good Lord above - I am still struggling with the Christmas x word and here you brainey types are all fired up on the new one (also hadn't realised that the RT was out!!!). Just wanted to say thanks for all your support and I unfortunately have lost my Broadband link as daughter has moved out, taking it with her!!! So, like Mondrian, will be visiting the library more often. Will keep in touch but dont worry if you dont hear from me so often Very best wishes to you all - I love you lots!
19 of 21  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th December 2011, 16:00
Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year too, old gal.
Thank heavens some libraries are still open, as quite a few have been closed around here.
Look forward to hearing from you as and when you are able to check in.
All the best
Jazzgirl x
20 of 21  -   Report This Post