CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jamoza

7th December 2011, 16:57
Will have to delay judging until Thursday morning, folks - been out all day and back out soon. Sorry!!!
31 of 68  -   Report This Post

paul

7th December 2011, 19:01
AARGH! Don't thnk I can take the suspense!

How about we give our individual appraisals till Richard (Jamoza)gives his verdict?

I personally liked Rambler's post 7 and Sally's snappy post 10!
32 of 68  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

7th December 2011, 19:04
Now, now, paul, you may be unduly influencing the judge, and we wouldn't want that, would we?
33 of 68  -   Report This Post

tonyw

7th December 2011, 19:07
I actually thought that my answer was much better than anybody else's but I did not post it because I did not want the responsibility of judging .:)
34 of 68  -   Report This Post

paul

7th December 2011, 19:13
Rhode vs Weighed?
35 of 68  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th December 2011, 19:14
mine was shit!
36 of 68  -   Report This Post

blue moon

8th December 2011, 03:51
Yes it was Trevor, could you explain the logic pls. lol
37 of 68  -   Report This Post

chrisg

8th December 2011, 07:21
Passed the deadline I know but
"Online financial facility provides entertaining bonk, albeit loveless" (8,7)
38 of 68  -   Report This Post

jamoza

8th December 2011, 08:50
First off - I didn't read further than my procrastinatory post, so have not been influenced by any later comments (if any).

Secondly, what a difficult job it has been picking a winner, thanks to the ingenious folk on here - well done to you all. I've tarried long enough, so won't prolong the agony by mentioning every clue (although they all had merit IMHO).

So in true Oscars' style the shortlist is..

paul: Screen savers do this (8,7)

andyc: www.natwest.com (8/7)

pastille: Gone phishing! On line? (8/7)

Bullfrog: Surfing for money? (8,7)

phillip: Annette Birkin is confused and initially no good at putting money on line. (8,7).

sallyw: Virtual finance? (7,7)

And the winner is........
paul's 'Screen savers do this' (8,7)

As it's nearly Christmas, paul has a choice of prizes. His first is Christian-themed and tells the story of the Nativity in what might be called the Queen's speech (on this forum at least!): http://youtu.be/pW1pbuyGlQ0

In case paul is not sympathetic to the Christian viewpoint he has an alternative present (no opening both, mind). Our family loves this ventriloquist performance from Paul Zerdin and friend: http://youtu.be/htU6qYsLsEE

39 of 68  -   Report This Post

francis

8th December 2011, 08:56
congratulations paul; very clever entry.
40 of 68  -   Report This Post