CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

23rd November 2011, 13:47
Hello Pipesmoker
Fifteen minutes ??!!
It took me that long just to do 20D.
Best wishes to you
J
11 of 24  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

23rd November 2011, 14:46
Hi, Jazzgirl.

Yes it did just take that time to do it this week, but it is understandable that you are not too familiar with words like 20 down. Those of us who were brung up in a less genteel fashion probably used this as a method of communication. Anyway, when you are as old and ancient as me, and have spent an inordinate proportion of your life doing crosswords, sometimes it comes more easily than others.

Hope you are well. It is pretty miserable up here today.

Best wishes.

P
12 of 24  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd November 2011, 15:14
Dear Pipesmoker
It's so sad that I never learnt to communicate by snorting. But as I am a Moonraker from that well-known pig-breeding part of the world, we used grunting more than snorting in our family ;0)
It is a very pleasant sunny day here (11c)
- good leaf-raking weather and ideal for rooting for truffles. oink oink
Best wishes
J
13 of 24  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

23rd November 2011, 16:24
Good afternoon all,

I didn't experience any problems with this week's puzzle but I think Pipesmoker must have set some kind of record for the time which it took him to complete it.

As an aside, I have just had the Nationwide advert [to the right] impinge upon my typing space and I wonder whether Ash would be kind enough to make it go away [says he choosing his words very carefully].

It was good to see Wee Jock in poll position on the RT starting grid this week and I'd better thank him for his absolution of my sins last week... Now, with Navigator and Pipesmoker having added their contributions, it only remains for Old Gal and Nimrod to appear and I will be reassured.

With best wishes to you all,

Caravaggio
14 of 24  -   Report This Post

navigator

23rd November 2011, 22:50
Hi Wendy, thanks for asking about my
chemo progress. No real problems other than
a touch of gout which I'm told is a side effect of the drugs (One foot in the Grave?)
I'm very fortunate in that the hospital is only a mile away and ambulance transport is provided for every appointment.
With best wishes
N
15 of 24  -   Report This Post

wendy

24th November 2011, 09:46
Navigator,

Good to hear that you're coping OK with the treatment and that the ambulance services are looking after you so well.

I understand that gout can be very painful so hope it goes away quickly.
16 of 24  -   Report This Post

old gal

24th November 2011, 13:16
Hello all on a very glum and gloomy day - and that's just inside the house!!!! Glad to hear you are coping well, Navigator! I had chemo again on Monday and am feeling the usual plus a very bad muscle spasm/trapped nerve in my back making walking difficult! Any hoo - you intelligent lot who complete in 20 mins - you stun me! So, help and further clues - not too cryptic - on the following 24a, 13d, and is 18a an anagram?
Bye you lovely lot and best wishes to all!
17 of 24  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th November 2011, 13:29
Hello old gal
sorry to hear about the effects of the chemo. Not at all pleasant, so hope the nerve gets untrapped very soon. Also hoping that Navigator's gout soon disappears.
Help is at hand for the crossword at least: 24a is an anagram of 3 words in the clue and the answer means "fancy work" mostly done by females.
13d is a region in South America. (starts with P).
18a is an anagram of 4 of the words in the clue and is a school subject.
Best wishes to you,
Jazzgirl
18 of 24  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

25th November 2011, 16:33
RT 49 dropped through the letter box this morning. Question now is, can I resist it until Tuesday? If I can't, there will not be much point getting up when Tuesday arrives.

Hope all are surviving well.

P
19 of 24  -   Report This Post

bees

25th November 2011, 17:29
Two days late starting this week! Forgot to buy the RT - senility setting in? Caravaggio, could you request a Nationnarrow advert? Navigator, gout used to be blamed on drinking too much of the grape (one foot in the "graves"?) Glad to see you an old gal soldiering on through your cures. Jazzgirl, thanks for 20d, I was baffled. Still pondering 15A, any clues?
20 of 24  -   Report This Post