CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lionheart

23rd October 2011, 10:46
No theme this time but you might find a bugbear of mine in there. Also, if you get 12ac, have yourself a drink ;)

http://crossword.info/Lionheart/Cryptic_0010

My previous puzzles can be found here...

http://crossword.info/Lionheart

Enjoy :)
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

23rd October 2011, 12:50
Oooh intrigued! Will have a go later!
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

lionheart

23rd October 2011, 14:12
haha...the annoyance in question reared it's head yesterday so it had to go in ;)
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

24th October 2011, 22:36
Lionheart.
just finished your #0008, you have a style all of your own.(in a good way).

looking forward to 0009 and 0010 (what is the BĂȘte noire?).

i'm a bit surprised by the lack of responses to your posts - maybe, too many grids to keep up with? .

btw. i always get a blank(ish) page when i follow your links and then have to 'refresh' before i can see the grid.
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

lionheart

24th October 2011, 22:54
just finished your #0008, you have a style all of your own.(in a good way).

looking forward to 0009 and 0010 (what is the BĂȘte noire?).

i'm a bit surprised by the lack of responses to your posts - maybe, too many grids to keep up with? .

btw. i always get a blank(ish) page when i follow your links and then have to 'refresh' before i can see the grid.

trevor...

Interesting about the blank page. I know the Java applet can be slow to load, I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has the same problem.

I have been a bit overenthusiastic with my new toy ;) Compiling is becoming more addictive than solving! I should probably limit myself to one a week.

The 'irritation' in #0010 concerns a hoarding habit I have and can be found in 11,21,24, summed up by 15 ;)

Glad you like my clues...practice, practice, practice!!
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

lionheart

24th October 2011, 22:55
Oops, sorry for repeating your post in mine...I copied it into the response box for reference and forgot to remove it!
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

les40

25th October 2011, 00:06
Good evening/morning Lionheart,

I've just been having a go at your crossword No 10 and got about half done but when I tried to get a copy from the PDF selection page, the crossword appears on screen fine but is printing a blank page,
Has anyone else had this problem.

Try clicking on the Blue PDF choice and it comes up, but when going to print preview or trying to print, it disappears.
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

lionheart

25th October 2011, 00:46
Hmmm interesting Les40... I've just printed one off fine. It must be something to do either with your browser or your printer. Have you tried downloading it to your desktop and printing it through a separate pdf reader like Adobe?
I export the puzzles from 'Crossword Compiler' into Microsoft Word documents for printing myself (gives more control over appearance) so maybe I should upload those files as well and post a link to the download?
I'll see if I can get some help from the 'Crossword Compiler' people about the pdf thing. Thanks for the feedback, very useful :)
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

lionheart

25th October 2011, 01:13
@trevor..

You might be in need of a Java update. If you go to this link and click the download button it will tell you if you have the latest version installed:

http://java.com/en/
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th October 2011, 04:52
thanks Lionheart, a restart fixed it (automatically updated java, i think).
all the best.
10 of 16  -   Report This Post