CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ixion

28th September 2011, 13:19
That should have been....

cats.miaul@go.org(7)
31 of 59  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

28th September 2011, 14:59
Chicago rice production? Yes and no!
32 of 59  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

28th September 2011, 15:02
Damn Yankees in Chicago? No Oklahama! No both!
33 of 59  -   Report This Post

therogue

28th September 2011, 16:51
Thanks everyone for your contributions this week, I hope you all had a "shine on your shoes, and a melody in your heart".
The standard of entries (as last week) was very high. It was good to see so many cryptic techniques used in the compositions. Countless Musicals were mentioned including "Chess" and "Wicked" (two I hadn't heard of but will look into).
I thought judging was easier this week, having one "stand-out" clue in mind. But then that man Ixion threw me into turmoil (I wish you'd stop doing this!) with his brilliant anagram at post 31. A close second.
However... I'm sticking to my original choice.
Aristophanes' "Score returned - "finical, endless" noted" has just that touch of humour. I pondered for a while on the score/sum connection. "finical, endless" is precision itself while the use of the word "noted" for musical is excellent! Well done!
So, Mr A, to the serious business of your prize. A rare "archive" of early life, if only Darwin had had the benefit of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnfQNIeeDDc&feature=related
34 of 59  -   Report This Post

ixion

28th September 2011, 17:04
Congratulations Aristo - nice cluing.
35 of 59  -   Report This Post

peterm

28th September 2011, 17:40
Very well done aristo.
36 of 59  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

28th September 2011, 17:40
Well done Aristo. The use of 'endless' caught me out at first -- very subtle.
37 of 59  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

28th September 2011, 17:50
I'm truly hono(u)red- there were so many inspired clues. Talk about ambivalence, though; now I have to sit back and watch next week! Thanks so much, therogue. The prize was nostalgia-inducing; it brought back visions of my college dining hall.
38 of 59  -   Report This Post

neilm

28th September 2011, 17:52
Well deserved!
39 of 59  -   Report This Post

bernie

28th September 2011, 18:18
Well done Aristo.
40 of 59  -   Report This Post