CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jimb

26th July 2009, 22:01
Not wishing to be picky so early into the Chardonnay but was, "Nice one Cyril" actually a song. I have a vague (cot) memory of it being a chant by Spurs fans in celebration of the odd goal scored by Cyril Knowles and it was based on a catch phrase from a TV advert for some brand of bread?

JimB
21 of 25  -   Report This Post

billie

26th July 2009, 22:04
Well it did reach No 13 in the charts in '73
22 of 25  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th July 2009, 22:12
I had it on one of those compilation albums (all top 20 hits - was it hallmark?)
you had to get up and move the needle to not hear this one. I think I just stopped playing the whole side.

...but yes, it was a hit single. (was the bloke/poet from the group Scaffold on it?)
23 of 25  -   Report This Post

jimb

26th July 2009, 22:15
Spot on Billie, just Googled it, which is what I should have done before being picky. However, one question (which Google could probably tell me), who the h??l were Cockerel Chorus? No doubt Spurs fans on the band wagon (as usual)

JimB
24 of 25  -   Report This Post

paul

26th July 2009, 22:16
No.8: "Power to the People" - the title of a John Lennon song, and Wolfie "Citizen" Smith's catchphrase.
25 of 25  -   Report This Post