CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lionheart

24th September 2011, 01:30
Thanks to Big Dave and others in another thread I now have the ability to post my crosswords online in an interactive format!
My first attempts along with what I hope will be many more to come can be found here:

http://crossword.info/Lionheart

All feedback, good or bad, gratefully received :)
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

mamya

24th September 2011, 02:06
Looking good but a bit late to get more than a few, will try again tomorrow.
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

24th September 2011, 07:03
I have very little knowledge of classical m. but kept at it and nearly finished (my first puzzle online by the way).Still stumped by 25a and 27a/16d:any assistance possible?Couldn't even google 'cos was afraid I'd never get back to half-finished thing--typical probs of computer novice!It was fun,though:I learned a lot.Congratulations!
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

lionheart

24th September 2011, 14:34
@ Greedy Kite

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm pretty sure the 'save' button puts the half finished crossword in your computer's cache so that whenever you return to the page it will appear as you left it.
re #0002:
25a is definitely the clue I'm least happy with. It was a struggle to find something to fit! Googling the first two words of the clue would help and there might be a 'signifier' of what else to do in there too....any letters you already have will probably be very useful.
16d/27a - A trouvere is a historical troubadour (singer/poet) from a particular part of France. This one is a favourite of mine so he had to go in ;)I think the rest of the clue plays itself out in a fairly standard cryptic way.

I hope this helps!
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

mamya

24th September 2011, 15:15
All finished, really enjoyed it too.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

pastille

24th September 2011, 15:26
Lionheart...

Managed to download and save will have a go later.

Glad it seems to be going well.
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

lionheart

24th September 2011, 15:57
Mamya...it's a relief to know it works and is solvable! Glad you enjoyed :)

Pastille...I think I've found myself a new hobby!
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

24th September 2011, 16:00
Had a few m. in that SW corner.Now finished methinks,assuming 25a consists of article + what happens to us all (vb);the troubadour I'm ashamed never to have heard of,living here myself;and 21d is a saint in C'wall,right?Never having been to NY,didn't even know the name of the spot.Altogether a very educative little puzzle:might even get back to your first some time now I know how to enter/erase/change/keep etc!Thank you again for your help!Have so many quizzes to do at the moment,there's no time even to sleep.Yours,An Addict.
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

lionheart

24th September 2011, 16:14
Spot on in every department Greedy Kite :) I guess unless you're a fan of early m. 16d/27a would be unknown. The theme is my so-called area of 'expertise' so I'm glad it was educational ...and entertaining!
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

mamya

24th September 2011, 19:21
I am chuckling away here trying to understand what you are talking about and realise I have done a different crossword lol
10 of 17  -   Report This Post