CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

neilm

23rd September 2011, 13:24
Thankyou The Rogue. Under the circumstances I think you should carry on, sad though it is that Rambler has opted out for whatever reason. I hope Rambler sees the over reaction and continues to contribute, if not then perhaps this was not the right site!
Looking back over the weeks people have been generous in their praise and there was no exception this week.
61 of 78  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd September 2011, 13:33
Thanks, pastille. I'll watch for it. It will no doubt be aired by WGBH, my local (Boston) PBS station, which actually co-sponsors many British productions. My kids were young when SF was playing Jeeves, and they were great fans of his; they often got bewildered looks with their Wodehouse references- sooo funny.
62 of 78  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd September 2011, 13:39
lol...the man is a bit of a Hero of mine.

Looking forward to the Series.

Take care

p@
63 of 78  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd September 2011, 14:09
NeilM: Yes, people have indeed been generous in their praise, with the exception of rambler's relentless objection when I won a few weeks back. I did offer to defer to the setter too, but not in the spirit of taking my toys and going home- just trying to be gracious, as everyone else was. I truly can't see what prompted this reaction.
64 of 78  -   Report This Post

neilm

23rd September 2011, 14:27
Aristo. I must have missed those exchanges. Perhaps all should be left as a done deal as not much will be achieved by trying to get someone who takes this all so seriously and get themselves so worked up about it to participate.
This is for fun after all!
65 of 78  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd September 2011, 16:10
'risto (may i call you that?) i remember Rambler getting a bit arsey when you bagged the CLUELESS hat but it seemed out of character. oh well!
ho-hum.

@Pasty(when did '@'come to mean FAO? @nyways, i'll go with the flow), ...@P, please keep me informed if you find out when the fluffy pink Mr Fry show gets aired.

maybe you could/should post it on Ramblers 'gossip' thread?
66 of 78  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

23rd September 2011, 16:47
Maybe rambler has personal difficulties that we don't know about, and so is not responding with their normal good humour.
67 of 78  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd September 2011, 17:37
Hello Trevor...

Not quite understanding some of you references?

FAO? I know FIO is for information only...

Have I made yet another faux pas?

MMMmmm The Gossip Thread...

Mr Pink And Woderfully Fuffy's programme is word based and would"hopefully" not be seen as gossip.

I could put in on the A.S.O.H.

p@
68 of 78  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd September 2011, 18:05
FOR the ATTENTION OF!!!

Got it!

I tried to do the code tags as suggested (u)...(/u) to underline my message to Mr A, is that what you mean?

69 of 78  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd September 2011, 18:09
Pasty - i was just curious.
FAO? 'For Attention Of' (i only know that from this site and now '@' seems to be an acceptable substitute).

ramblers 'gossip' thread was, imo (In My Opinion, put an aitch in it if you like,to make,In My Humble Opinion) imho..doomed to failure.

it's just that talking about the plumbilicious Fryster is not, stictly, cruciverbalist fodder, so rambler might have wanted to have it renditioned to the thread that rambler invented.

ATB
trevor, A.S.O.H. OBE, Dr.of the truth.

70 of 78  -   Report This Post