CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chelle

19th September 2011, 15:44
never mind barrycat, just an idea. I've no problem with people chatting on here if they wish, much more friendly imo x
21 of 46  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

19th September 2011, 15:49
I just tried to set up a disposable address, followed the instructions but didn't work.
22 of 46  -   Report This Post

chelle

19th September 2011, 15:50
sally what instructions were you following? Just open a hotmail or yahoo account that you won't use for anything else?
23 of 46  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

19th September 2011, 15:51
I only wish to underline the appeals for peace and relevance already made by others.In the last few days & weeks I have been attacked quite viciously for supposedly "cheating" by using this forum at all,and for mentioning the name "Cambridge" which is apparently taboo for certain people.Maybe I should never have reacted to either provocation;maybe I should give up using this forum.But hundreds of people are helpful & pleasant.What continues to amaze me is how a handful of individuals,incl. certain men,with practically no knowledge of me and even less interest in just sharing ideas,immediately resort to quite primitive insults based purely on prejudice & their own very obvious complexes.Sometimes I realize why I left England,with all its class hatred & so on.Whereby again I should not like to be misunderstood.I don't wish to elaborate further,but what do other peeople think?I am really quite shocked,especially as a recent discoverer of the computer world.Am I just too old-fashioned?Naive?I'd just like to get on with crosswords,with the extra fun of corresponding with new people.Am I alone?All contributions welcome,as long as they're polite & reasonable!!!
24 of 46  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th September 2011, 15:58
greedy kite
Sometimes I think I am too old-fashioned as I expect everyone to be polite . I just like people to treat others as they would wish to be treated themselves It's not difficult is it?
25 of 46  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

19th September 2011, 16:00
chelle, tried that and failed! Greedykite probably best to ignore.

26 of 46  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

19th September 2011, 16:04
Just a footnote:in case anyone doubts what is going on,just take a look at LLOYD's response to my perfectly civil question on Mephisto,posted a moment ago.I feel like saying to him "YOU LITTLE IDIOT",but that's not my style.He will not drive me away from this site any more than the last three,equally inane or insane,who did their best on Saturday regarding my tiny little question on Araucaria's latest.People this is really enough!I have nothing but contempt for this level of dialogue,and if some think I'm arrogant,I beg to differ...
27 of 46  -   Report This Post

chelle

19th September 2011, 16:08
yes I saw that greedykite, although it can be upsetting it really is best just to ignore them, responding is what these people are after. Unfortunately it happens on a lot of sites. I don't know how much this one is monitored? It doesn't seem to be very much.
28 of 46  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

19th September 2011, 16:08
A civil thank you would be appreciated though, greedy kite.....
29 of 46  -   Report This Post

charlie

19th September 2011, 16:25
greedy kite, the person who helped you on "guardian cryptic 25,430 (last posting 19 sept, 2030)" got....... Yes,I was assuming that, I didn't study classics at cambridge for nothing (or words to that effect) for their trouble. Easy to see how words like arrogant and pompous get tagged onto you.
30 of 46  -   Report This Post