CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

matron

19th September 2011, 13:45
To try and quieten things, I would just like to say that I find it sad that one short post to let a "virtual" friend know about their twitter page has turned into so much vitriol. If sally could post her twitter page at the end of that thread, then those that wish to follow her tweets can do so, whilst leaving this site to enjoy the crosswords and the good-humoured banter that most people like (yes, including Rusty who has already supported the RT threads and sally welcome to join in the humour also) but please no more squabbles. It is so stressing.
Love from Matron x
1 of 46  -   Report This Post

rusty

19th September 2011, 14:02
I agree, Matron. And peace to all.
2 of 46  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

19th September 2011, 14:15
Ah haa me hearties!

I thinks ye speaks sense aplenty!

Pieces of eight all round!
3 of 46  -   Report This Post

charlie

19th September 2011, 14:19
I am sure that I speak for everybody when I say that I merely give the sensible and common sense view. It is the others who are unreasonable and vitriolic. Don't we all think that.
4 of 46  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

19th September 2011, 14:32
I have only ever been "vitriolic" in response to other people's nastiness and bullying, as you well know. Also it's a bit presumptious to assume that you speak for everyone, maybe you should have a poll.
5 of 46  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th September 2011, 14:33
I try to deal with things in a sensible way, and wish that others could do the same. On Sunday I saw that someone was getting a bit upset over posts and I calmed him down with a little humour. I could have treated him differently, but as it turned out, he was fine and no one got stressed. :)
6 of 46  -   Report This Post

barrycat

19th September 2011, 14:34
Good idea. I'm with sallyw and pastille.
7 of 46  -   Report This Post

charlie

19th September 2011, 14:42
You just don't get it sallyw do you. There's an old saying; it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. You'd do well to remember it.
8 of 46  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

19th September 2011, 14:54
Thank you Barrycat. judith you are a hypocrite, as you have been responsilbe in the past for some of the meanest, most patronising post on this site, which was why we first got into a disagreement. If you remeber you made snarky comments regarding someones post, and I regrettably replied, hoping that you would see not only that you were being spiteful, but you didn't give the correct answer yourself, despite your smug posting. So who's the fool? You can't even say something original, but have to steal from Abraham Lincoln.
9 of 46  -   Report This Post

neilm

19th September 2011, 14:54
If it counts for anything I got into this site to share Crossword related thoughts. There are a few that obviously like to see thier "name in lights" and some who like to "shock". I you are of the latter, please leave us alone so we can enjoy the purpose for which we use this site. If you merely seek want dribble, rambling, 'tit for tat' conversation, join a facebook or twitter account where you can get your kicks without ruining everybody's enjoyment.
10 of 46  -   Report This Post