CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

suesan

22nd July 2009, 21:45
Hi
Stuck on my last 2 (as usual)
Film
TOFT starring JG

Once the longest one, by its old name (7,6)

Both answers relate to time, months seasons etc
many thanks
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

jimb

22nd July 2009, 23:24
Hi Suesan

Bit quiet on the old forum tonight. Just checking in to see what action was going down (sorry about me slipping into 70's jive talk, but you know me; (old)

I haven't a clue about the Film TOFT starring JG nor the "Once the longest one, by its old name (7,6)

Even the fact that "Both answers relate to time, months seasons etc" doesn't help.

However, I am sure that when all the regular experts get back from entertaining kids on school holidays or from lounging on the Spanish beaches with a glass (or three, four, five...) of the falling down liquid, the answers will come flooding in!!

JimB

many thanks
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

suesan

23rd July 2009, 11:25
Hi JimB

many thanks for the post - I do appreciate it

The films span the last 50 years and Ive tried to find it looking for the actor/actress to no avail
Jennifer Garner - James Garner etc
As for the other clue Im thinking longest day but can't find another name for that but I could also be looking at it the wrong way too

thanks
Suesan
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

23rd July 2009, 11:42
If it's the last 50 years that rules out my guess,
the 1948 black and white classic "Tell Old Fred Tarrah!", starring Jonty Gubbins ("The Buck-Toothed Barmpot").

Ah well, back to the drawing board.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

quizaddict

23rd July 2009, 15:06
I cant find anything but the longest day either

The title one has to have one word in the title relating to time and can be month season even the word time
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

helena

23rd July 2009, 15:41
for the second clue (longest) i have been trying to find and obsolete name for the longest day or summer solstice that would fit the lettering arrangement
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

harrhy

25th July 2009, 00:57
Once the longest one, by its old name (7,6)

The Yangtse Kiang appears to be the third longest river after the Amazon and the Nile. I think the Amazon and the Nile were explored later so at one time it would have been the longest known river. Unfortunately Its current name is Chang Jiang (long river) Does Long count as a time word?
7 of 7  -   Report This Post