CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

3rd September 2011, 17:29
sallyw,

how can anyone approve of the moderator editing posts?

I too approve of the moderator editing posts?

which one is real?

Bcc,posted an opinion that was changed and moderated, what's the bloody point.

ps. it also makes you look over reactionary.

11 of 23  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

3rd September 2011, 17:43
If it leads to a bit of restraint by people then I'm all for it. What was originally posted was offensive, even with the emoticon to take the sting out of it.
12 of 23  -   Report This Post

wendy

3rd September 2011, 17:53
Well frankly, the emoticon was totally lost on me - in fact I never even noticed it.

My daughter bought me a little book explaining them and I put it in the jumble sale!

Apols to those who use them.

All that aside, I too thought bcc was being unreasonably rude.
13 of 23  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd September 2011, 17:53
i didn't put that very well,but,
if the moderator just chops out bits of text, willy-nilly (ouch) then we cannot trust anything that any - established or new - 'name' says.

i have to say that i think the moderation on this site lacks a lot.
rules are made, then changed and nobody is informed.
worse still, posts are meddled with and nobody is informed, posts disappear and nobody is informed.
people disappear ...lol

really though Ash - if you change a post surely you you alert people to that fact?
14 of 23  -   Report This Post

wendy

3rd September 2011, 17:59
Agree with trevor, but I hadn't realised that people's posts were actually changed - I just thought they'd been deleted.

It should be very easy to delete a post and send an automated e-mail at the same time, simply saying it was offensive or not in keeping with the site's regulations.

I'd HATE to think something I'd posted had been altered to suit a moderator, which is silly because nobody has the least idea of who I am!!

(At times, I'm not sure I do either!!)
15 of 23  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd September 2011, 17:59
i guess my point is - remove the whole bleeding thing rather bastardise it.
16 of 23  -   Report This Post

wendy

3rd September 2011, 18:00
Agreed again trevor.
17 of 23  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

3rd September 2011, 22:19
I agree trevor. I was surprised to see that a previous post had been edited rather than removed, although I am glad that the offending bit is gone, but I think the whole post ahould be deleted. The Jokers post was removed, when it wasn't actually offensive, and one of my posts was also removed, which while it wasn't offensive, might have been considered provocative! In my defence, I was only trying to stand up for myself in what I thoughtt was a humorous way - obviously it wasn't that funny!
18 of 23  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd September 2011, 22:27
we are all at the mercy of Ash, how shit is that?
you might not even read this.
19 of 23  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd September 2011, 22:34
btw
The Joker should be banned anyway. ;-)
20 of 23  -   Report This Post