CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cana-da

3rd September 2011, 01:21
well this week's puzzle has been a real corker...
had a hard time getting started, and an even harder time in finishing.
here's one I'll throw at you,( I'm just gonna wait 'til tomorrow for the answers, 'cause my head hurts already!)
it identifies "ti la re sol mi" (5)
good luck
I will post the answer, once I pick up tomorrow's paper
1 of 23  -   Report This Post

paul

3rd September 2011, 03:09
BADGE (from decoding the notes)
2 of 23  -   Report This Post

bcc

3rd September 2011, 08:22
Hey, cana-da!

Please read the notes for posting a new thread, especially #1. Read it again. Got it?

You're more likely to get help if people know what the Xword is.

Make sure you thank Paul for his brilliant analysis.
3 of 23  -   Report This Post

wendy

3rd September 2011, 08:47
Cana-da,

That was a really lovely clue! Well done Paul too, I "saw" the tonic sol fa but not the answer!

Brilliant clue.
4 of 23  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

3rd September 2011, 09:14
Bcc you obviously have all the charm and poise of a bull's testicle, but are less use to this site. Can-ada please ignore that extremely uncalled for and rude comment by said person - nice clue.
5 of 23  -   Report This Post

cana-da

3rd September 2011, 15:56
thank you Paul and Sallyw!!!
I thought the clue was musical, but I couldn't come up with anything but 'scale' .
Then I tried to translate, and came up with 'you are my sun'
so... thanks again Paul!!
Bcc... not sure what you are all about, but I am quite sure, that I don't need you to remind me to thank people from this site. I am always grateful for the help, and input they give me. I'm really not sure what to make of your post. I would thank you as well, but unfortunately, you did not supply either help nor insight. Not even comic relief.
6 of 23  -   Report This Post

3rd September 2011, 16:42
No problem cana-da. Considering that what Bcc is commenting on are "tips" not "notes" or mandatory orders it seem reasonable to conclude that they are talking out of their fundament, and as such not worth the bother. The only time Bcc posts is when they have an opportunity to be nasty or offensive. More to be pitied than blamed, and quite possibly suffering from multiple identities.
7 of 23  -   Report This Post

barrycat

3rd September 2011, 16:46
Hi Sallyw, how can you say Bcc has multiple personalities? I'll have you know I know all 47 of them and they're all A*******s.
8 of 23  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd September 2011, 16:59
sorry,
but i don't see anything particularly wrong or rude with what Bcc posted on this thread.
it was appended with ;-)
which (in case anybody doesn't know) is supposed to resemble a smile (turned 90 degrees). an 'emoticon' to mean - don't take this too seriously.
9 of 23  -   Report This Post

3rd September 2011, 17:08
I see Bcc's comment has been edited - well done to the moderator.
10 of 23  -   Report This Post