CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

2nd September 2011, 12:28
Hi, Charlotte. Guess you must be living in God's own land, since you didn't have a bank holiday.

10 across. A big pile of bank notes with i on the end.

16 across. Think Mellow Yellow and I'm Just Wild about Saffron.

For 1 down. See Jazzgirl's post.

Welcome to the site.

P
11 of 34  -   Report This Post

wee jock

2nd September 2011, 13:00
Dear CHARLOTTE

1d. See JAZZGIRL at Post 8.

16a.Italian river to meet English river coming boming back to make American river through Washington DC(Dead Centre).

10a. Dried up river(Arabic)

Lots of rivers!

SKOOSH AWAY

NUFF SAID
WJ
12 of 34  -   Report This Post

wee jock

2nd September 2011, 13:04
PIPESMOKER

SNAP

NUFF SAID

WJ
13 of 34  -   Report This Post

mondrian

3rd September 2011, 10:12
Hello everyone. I didn`t post last week as I found the Xword very difficult but I read the posts and knew that some of you found it, as usual, easy! Not so for me.

This weeks has been easier. Re 1D, I seem to remember this electrical thing being in one of last year`s puzzles. Prior to that I had never heard of it. Meantime I am stuck on 13D (designer lawn), 19D Material left in advance and 22A (Run to city bank) which I have as starting with `R`.

How are you doing Old gal? You and I often trail along at the end in the crossword world. Hope things are going reasonably well for you and that you are managing to keep your pecker up. And Pipesmoker, I see you are still battling on - well done that man!

Weather a bit dismal here today
14 of 34  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd September 2011, 11:11
Hello Mondrian
I hope you are well.
13D is another name for a parterre (geometrical design, with low-cut box edging)
19D is a type of material. (rhymes with "rush")
22A was a bit devious. If you "bank" on somebody doing something, you depend on them or R*** on them. The last 3 letters make up the name of a Cathedral city. HOpe this helps ( or maybe not !!) :)
J
15 of 34  -   Report This Post

old gal

3rd September 2011, 12:36
hello to all and especially Mondrian! Yes, I must say I like it when you post that you find the crossword a bit difficult after all these brilliant people who finish in 20 mins!!!!! I have just returned from a few days by the sea watching sexy surfer boys.....did me the power of good! Haven't got this weeks RT but will today - will also get next week's but am in hospital from Thursday and will be too groggy to post so will see you all (hopefully!) in a week or so! Incidentally, the RT has been sold to a new publisher (read in newspaper) so hope they keep the crossword intact! Bye all
16 of 34  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd September 2011, 12:48
Hello old gal
Good to hear that you enjoyed the views at the seaside :0)
I never finish the RT in 20 mins... more like 20 hours or more!
I hope things are not too bad at the hospital. Maybe there will be some good-looking doctors, but we don't want to raise your blood pressure too much now !! Take care.x
All the best to you.
J
17 of 34  -   Report This Post

bees

4th September 2011, 19:55
I have grave doubts about a couple of my answers. Could I have clues please for 5d and 17d?
Has anyone else been having trouble with the site not displaying properly?
18 of 34  -   Report This Post

butterfly

4th September 2011, 20:24
Didn't like this weeks crossword one bit. Took me ages to get into it & now stuck on a couple, so help please with 19d and I think I have the answer to 23a but an extra clue would be helpful as I can't see how my word fits with the clue! Glad you had a good time away Old Gal. We've just got back from a couple of days in Cornwall, warm but windy.
19 of 34  -   Report This Post

bees

4th September 2011, 20:30
23A has a strong connection to bees!
20 of 34  -   Report This Post