CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

angie

11th August 2011, 20:16
Sorry Julie, Aberdeen if I offended you by not giving enough information, it was not intended, I felt quite hurt by your sarcastic remarks
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

11th August 2011, 22:29
Hi Angie,
No you didn't offend me. I love helping people with their quizzes. If you look at today's other threads you'll see a few us were helping out with a plants, shrubs and creepers quiz - but we did know what we were supposed to be looking for, although none of us had the quiz sheet.
With the quiz sheet there is usually one vital line under the heading which explains what the quiz setter is looking for.
Other than "Upper Crust" in the heading your one line was "Place through england". By going to the Quizzes and Puzzles section of the answerbank and using their search facility you can usually find what that one vital line is. In this case it was "placenames on a theme of royalty and the aristocracy" which we could never have guessed without either the quizsheet or being told - and could have wasted hours ! I have wasted hours on "Irish Placenames" which turned out to be "Towns and Villages of the Greater Ballymena area"! Quizzes called "Flowers" where the setter had stipulated it was wild flowers only etc. etc. So put us in possession of the facts and we'll be pleased to help.
Oh and how about saying thank you to jws for his time.
Even if it is in Wales - maybe the setter doesn't know that or maybe he/she is including Wales.
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

11th August 2011, 22:35
PS me again - I thought your clue was Knows duet is moving &Gammon for royal trio - all one clue? There is a village in Lincolnshire called Threkingham - spelling Threekingham which might fit gammon for royal trio.
Cheers
Julie
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

angie

12th August 2011, 08:42
Thankyou Julie, Aberdeen, I see your point and thanks for Threkingham, have been reading atlas for last few weeks but not all answers in my atlas, thanks also to jws and Wendy for their help.
14 of 14  -   Report This Post