CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry as was

8th August 2011, 11:35
Hello Les 40,

The Joker,who knows everything worth knowing, has explained it. Boracic lint/skint.
Hopefully we can now leave the sound of Bow bells and dropped aitches behind. It might be nice to find use for some of the more exotic words and phrases in the Urban Dictionary. My current favourite is...vagitarian.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

sammy

8th August 2011, 14:28
It's interesting what jazzgirl said about butcher's back slang. Reminds me of a man from Glasgow who did some work on my house and used back slang. It wasn't specific to a trade but was used in the locality where he'd been brought up. I like that playfulness with words and we ended up using it while he was there. It was fun. Sad to say, I can't remember it now.
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

les40

8th August 2011, 14:52
Thanks very much TJ,
an excellent explanation, I've just had another look in the Chambers, and yes it's there in black and white in the brackets.
My eyes weren't functioning properly in the early hours of this morning I think.
I truly stand correctly informed.
Thanks again TJ and all those who added a bit more info.

Les
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

les40

8th August 2011, 15:04
Hi terry,

I,ve just looked up vagitarian in the urban dictionary, thats an interesting word,
It made reference to another word 'Penivore' which sounds like a bit of a mouthful!!!

I like vagitarian much better chief
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

pastille

8th August 2011, 15:08
Sammy...you speaking about the Glasgow workie, reminded me of scene from "River City" when the lovely Roisin announced "Hud on. E'lle be back in a meenute...I need a single fish!"

Classic...and before the watershed.

p@
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

the joker

8th August 2011, 15:13
Pastille
Played by Lilian Gish?!!
16 of 16  -   Report This Post