CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

matron

6th August 2011, 13:49
Matron here. I have been busy since my last post, but just logged on to say "Keep your pecker up sallyw" Hope the new pills work. I cannot administer them, but am sure you have someone kind to look after you. Take care. Matron xx
11 of 24  -   Report This Post

pastille

6th August 2011, 14:04
Sorry to hear you are not feeling 100%.Hope you rally soon. x

Meanwhile...HAVER ALERT! HAVER ALERT!

Courgettes...usually they grow like weeds, and thrive on neglect...

This year at home and the plot, they growing like a half blown up sausage balloons...a normal shape and then a deflated bit...strange.

Everything else is fine. My weeds in particular are stunning!The rabbits are feeding well, and certain plot neighbours are becoming obsessed with up and coming annual show.

Not a subject one can talk about "lightly".My
Wild flower and weed arrangement was not appreciated, or my rude shaped carrots.Or, come to think of it my huge bum shaped potato.

I think the only way, I can scratch back any credibility is to turn half my plot (like some)over to growing dahlias...

It seems winning the dahlia section is the ultimate prize.

Mmmm..think I'll stick to stuff I can eat.

Blether over...Take care all.

12 of 24  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

6th August 2011, 14:09
Thank you for your concern Matron and pastille. As for your courgettes, very mysterious.
13 of 24  -   Report This Post

siamcat

6th August 2011, 14:23
pastille

Sounds like a perfect wildlife plot to me.

Our back garden has a wonderful crop of nettles under the (very neglected) apple tree. And the daisies and dandelions in the lawn are the envy of all the local gardeners (well I think that's why they hide their eyes when walking past)

Keep up the good work with the veg. We don't want euro-conformity in our allotments - straight courgettes, non merci!!

S
xx

14 of 24  -   Report This Post

sylvia smother

6th August 2011, 14:43
This is a crossword help forum not a gabfest!
15 of 24  -   Report This Post

pastille

6th August 2011, 14:46
MATRON....QUICK....CALL FOR DR HOOK!
16 of 24  -   Report This Post

siamcat

6th August 2011, 14:47
sallw

Sorry to hear you are not feeling too well.

Painkillers are a necessity for a lot of people to get through the day, my daughter is one, but knowing that doesn't really help how you yourself feel.

Take care
S
xx
17 of 24  -   Report This Post

siamcat

6th August 2011, 14:50
Sylvia

Go Smother, yourself
18 of 24  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

6th August 2011, 14:58
Thank you Siamcat. And to Sylvia Smothers' if you haven't worked out by now that this is not just a crossword help forum but a social club for haverers, then you have a problem. If you don't like it go somewhere else. The last time I checked we were still in a democracy, so if people want to go "off piste" as it were, there is no law that says they can't. Don't be so po faced!
19 of 24  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

6th August 2011, 16:25
Hello sallyw
Hope you are soon back to feeling good very soon.I've just returned from a day away and found the forum full. It's been a busy day for questions so I have a lot of threads to catch up on. Haven't even started the Times Jumbos x 2. I have usually answered a few by now, but am off to put my feet up & see how far I can get without help. Good crosswording weekend to all.
20 of 24  -   Report This Post