CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

charlies human

19th July 2011, 09:47
Morning All! I haven't got my copy of the RT yet so this message is about something else. I have started receiving E-mails addressed to the name I use on this site, and which I do not use on any other. Anyone else got the same problem? Clearly my details have been passed to someone else, which is not something the site makes clear can happen.
Incidentally, Caravaggio, I know people have had a lot of trouble with Internet Explorer; I was talking about this in a different context only this week. I use Safari so I think that any browser should give you access with no difficulty. Anyway, nice to see you back, even though I don't post so often these days.
The next button I press on this Forum will be the 'Contact Us', but not until I have wished you all well, and enjoy the puzzle. CH
1 of 21  -   Report This Post

samak

19th July 2011, 10:08
I haven't had the problem.
2 of 21  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

19th July 2011, 10:26
Hi, Charlies Human. I thought you had finished RT30 already. I haven't opened my copy yet - must do the dishes first.

Can't say for sure if I have been targeted this way, but there is no shortage of people trying to part me from the money which they assume I have.

How is Charlie? I hope he is coping with the stresses of sleeping between naps. Hope you are well too.

P
3 of 21  -   Report This Post

navigator

19th July 2011, 11:24
Hi Charlies Human. I haven't had the problem (yet?), but thanks for letting us know about it. My best wishes to you, Charlie and everyone. As ever a special thought for you,
Old Gal.
I'm lucky in that I get my hands on the RT
at the crack of dawn so I have an unfair advantage. There were some good clues
eg 17d 20a and 23a. 7a was troublesome.
Harrogate is a lot quieter this week after last week's Great Yorkshire Show and the visit of Charles and Camilla.
N
4 of 21  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

19th July 2011, 21:07
Hi, Folks. I thought I would try 7 across first to see if I could crack it. Immediately got the how, but not the what. After the rest of the crossword was completed, I eventually got it. Not a very good clue.

P
5 of 21  -   Report This Post

old gal

20th July 2011, 09:33
Nice to hear from you Charlies Human - Bailey, Poppy, Patch and Daisy send purrs to Charlie. Pipesmoker, Mrs P is a lucky lady having help with her chores! Come up and see me sometime...Am being particularly dense with this weeks puzzle and shamefully admit to only one clue solved. Will wait a while - sometimes lightening strikes all at one after a day or two. Waking every night at 3am, perhaps I should have a go then. See you later
6 of 21  -   Report This Post

wendy

20th July 2011, 10:20
Morning All,

I've had no problem either.
7 of 21  -   Report This Post

karen

20th July 2011, 10:38
Morning all.
Hi old gal, if it's any help to you......11a. anagram of 'art cheaply'.
9d. anagram of 'skittle over an'.
13d.anagram of 'crimes go on'.
16a part anagram of 'see tv'+ surname of owner of farm.
Hope that's of help, ofcourse you may already have the answers!
Best wishes to you,sorry to hear of your early morning wakenings and that you get the chance to catch up on well needed sleep!x
8 of 21  -   Report This Post

pastille

20th July 2011, 12:59
Hello All,

Completed , but do not fully understand 17d.

I will check back in a few days, when it is permissible to "chat".

Take care

p@
9 of 21  -   Report This Post

chris4food

21st July 2011, 09:44
Hi All, glad to see you up and at it, Old Gal - like you I sometimes have to 'sleep on it' before the penny finally drops. However, this week, I've found it all a bit like the Curate's Egg.....
I can only get one word for 1d, but can't see how....

-A-T-U-H-

So, unless I'm wildly/widely off the mark on the across clues, I'm stuck - any additional asistance would be gratefully/gracefully appreciated

7a was particularly difficult for me, too and it took me ages to see the reasoning behind it... Well done, Pipesmoker on getting it first off - my first completed clue was 15a
Hey, Pastille, the answer's in the small container - I usually associate it with chemistry
Regards to all
Chrs
10 of 21  -   Report This Post