CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tonyw

15th July 2011, 23:51
I think that terry on the spectator thread is genuine.When" terry as was" came back from hols and told us about problems logging in,I used the name terry!(with a !)to prove how easy it is to use another name.
I do know the password but i have not used it since and I used an imaginary E-mail address.
My laptop crashed the other day and I had forgotten my password so I had to get a new password sent to my real E-mail address.
I think that the site should ask for a real E-mail, and then send a password that can be changed.
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

terry as was

16th July 2011, 00:10
Tonyw,
I don't criticise (or hold it against) anybody registering as "terry" if that is their name. it was just my bad luck to be away when the system came in.
I don't think it matters much what you call yourself so long as you stick to the one name- whether you are being nice or not.
But this new system allows you to have as many different registered names as you want-at the same time. The only names you cannot use are those already registered to others. You can still morph at will and hide your normal identity with the sole purpose of being rude or aggressive,etc.
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

tonyw

16th July 2011, 00:18
Yes I know.Sorry for having used terry with a !
A few people have realized that I use tonyw from home And" billy" when at the pub.But they are the only two I use.
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

pastille

16th July 2011, 00:35
Hi there,

You lads got me thinking....

A couple of weeks ago I was away for a few days, during which someone posted in my real name. (which I had revealed as a show of solidarity with AJT and The Joker.)

I can't remember exactly what the post was, but it wasn't "bad", so It didn't cause any fuss...it did sound like an attempt from our "local troll".

So, I have just registered in my own name (so it can't be used again) and with a false email address.

The fact you can use a false address is surely a huge booboo!

I do miss a bit of controversy, much be my mischievous side.

p@ x
14 of 14  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » country