CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anag&lit

15th July 2011, 15:41
Thanks Chris. Will check it out. Dt26605 is teasing me today.
11 of 19  -   Report This Post

big dave

15th July 2011, 18:44
@ Chrisg

I have been busy assembling and installing bedroom furniture. Nearly all done now, so I have more time on my hands.

@ Anag&lit

I look forward to you becoming a regular reader of the blog.
12 of 19  -   Report This Post

trevor

15th July 2011, 19:46
RED ALERT,RED ALERT!
MISUSE OF AN APOSTROPHE!
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
REPEAT
THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Chrisg - post 10 in this thread.tut-tut.
take him away.

(actually, i do this all the time and i rarely notice the 'misuse of an apostrophe' - at least, i think that is true - who cares'?)
13 of 19  -   Report This Post

wendy

15th July 2011, 20:17
Trevor,

I think many care, but when typing and pressing the SEND button, I suspect even the most pedantic of us get it wrong sometimes.

I think (but am not positive) that it was sallyw who agreed that our language is changing and perhaps we shouldn't worry about it. I reckon she could be right but then again...

My Grandson who is 6, is already learning about apostrophes and indeed has them in his selling book each week.
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

wendy

15th July 2011, 20:20
Sorry, that was supposed to read SPELLING book.
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

trevor

15th July 2011, 20:46
Wendy,
lol - i thought you had put "selling" on purpose as a joke for someone who might have a career flogging Potato's etc.

My post was well flippant, i do appreciate, and try to use, decent punctuation but i don't know all (of) the rules and as long as the intention is conveyed...blah blah. Commas are vital for this.(comma's ?)
i lost my nerve with the - who cares' - comment, originally it was - who care's - as a joke but then i thought it might just be right in some cases.

...anyway, i wasn't trying to upset you (or ChrisG) but i do like the use of "well" to mean "very".
well 'ard, innit.
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

anag&lit

16th July 2011, 11:46
Big Dave - thank you.

Not too regular I hope. Still a lot of work needed to increase my skill level and reduce solving times.

I had to step down from doing The Times cryptics back in 2007 as it was taking me far too long.

It's a very, very, good blog you've got there though btw, and just the ticket in a lot of ways. Congrats.
17 of 19  -   Report This Post

chrisg

16th July 2011, 12:20
@ trevor
@ Wendy
I bow my head in shame for the misuse of the apostrophe! From now on I will avoid all words which could contain an apostrophe.
I beg your forgiveness
(seriously though - you made me laugh trevor and I thank you for that)
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

bernie

16th July 2011, 13:00
RED ALERT, RED ALRT.
MISUSE OF A LOWER CASE i.

Trevor,
When referring to yourself, you should use a capital I.
19 of 19  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » DT 26604