CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

qwerty55

13th July 2011, 18:22
Thank you to you all for your feed back.....

Good to hear what happens on the other side of the world....! Really loved the chat...I'll have to look up what a kiss me hat is now.....

Thanks again.....
11 of 15  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

13th July 2011, 18:24
tonyw - you lucky person! We used to ask my mother very year whether we could go on holiday and she's say "we're going to Rumania." I used to tell my friends, but we never went anywhere other than the occasional day trip to Barry. It was only when I got older I realised she was saying " we're going to remain here"!
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

13th July 2011, 18:28
A kiss me quick hat was a traditional and essential part of holiday attire in Britain, even more popular than the traditional knotted handkerchief hat. They were usually in the style of a sailors hat, with a ribbon, but instead of the name of a ship they would have a motto, the most ubiquitous being kiss me quick - squeeze me slowly! You can probably still get them in Blackpool etc, although they may have evolved into baseball caps!
13 of 15  -   Report This Post

tonyw

13th July 2011, 18:36
This is real.
My parents were sort of" go getters "but skint.
When my youngest sister was old enough to travel they took us camping all over Europe.
In junior school my sister was in a geography lesson and the teacher wrote all the names of countries in Europe on the blackboard.

She then asked if, any of them, had to been to some of the countries. My sister said yes,all of them.
She was sent outside the class until she told the truth.
She was then sent home with a letter to my parents,who then had to go to the school to prove that she had not lied.
She is now a Teacher!!!
14 of 15  -   Report This Post

13th July 2011, 19:03
I like it tonyw, sounds about right, and I bet you and your sister had some fabulous adventures!
15 of 15  -   Report This Post