CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lord hawksmill vii

12th July 2011, 21:21
Apologies for my most recent insertion, but something has gone wrong with the type-written script. In order to give emphasis on the awnsers that I proposed, I placed these answers inside chevrons. It appears that placing these answers within the chevrons has made these answers disappear. The actual answers I propose are 21across as "agent" and 17down as "chaotic". Many apologies H VII
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

lord hawksmill vii

12th July 2011, 21:24
On my two most recent insertion I gave thanks in anticipation of a reply. What's your boggle??
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry as was

12th July 2011, 21:28
chaotic. man that's cut cha (charles or chas) + otic (ear).

agent. soldier = ant
with g(good) e(english) infiltrating.
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry as was

12th July 2011, 21:31
you did indeed give thanks in anticipation.

does the boggle remark mean anything.
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

lord hawksmill vii

12th July 2011, 21:33
Once again, thank you and good night. No doubt we will be in communication again over the forthcoming (and future)weekend(s). H VII
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

lord hawksmill vii

12th July 2011, 21:39
The word boggle was used in the movie "Demolition Man" where Nigel Hawthorne 'ruled' over a futuristic Los Angeles and the film portrayed both futuristic mannerisms, clothing, and speech. "What's your boggle" is akin to saying "What's your problem" or words to that effect.
Once again, thank you and good night. H VII
Ps. Enhance your calm.
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry as was

12th July 2011, 21:51
Thanks for enlightening me hawky ( I call you that simply because I can't see your name when typing and can't remember what it was). Stay cool.
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

anag&lit

13th July 2011, 00:05
If it's any consolation Lord Hawksmill, I havent't done the daily telegraph prize crossword for about six months apart from last week, and I thought this one was one of the hardest ones I can remember. I've just finished it tonight. I got stuck on tie clip too.
18 of 18  -   Report This Post