CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

4th July 2011, 18:04
Hi everyone. Just opened Internet Explorer and tried to get on the crossworm solver page. I got the top bit with the logo and nothing else, so I left clicked on the logo and got the home page up, then proceeded to the forum as normal. Don't know if this is any help, but it's worth keeping in mind.
11 of 26  -   Report This Post

megan

4th July 2011, 18:08
Hi sally that is what I usually do when I can't get in first go.
12 of 26  -   Report This Post

4th July 2011, 18:09
Forgot to say that on your address bar, at the top of your screen, (starts http://), there is a little curly arrow and if you left click it it will refresh your page, which can sometimes solve a problem with displaying a webpage.
13 of 26  -   Report This Post

tonyw

4th July 2011, 18:58
I don't understand why people are still using internet explorer.
As sallyw has said she uses firefox,I use Google Chrome and many people are happy with safari.
All these browsers are free to download.
Give them a try.
14 of 26  -   Report This Post

megan

4th July 2011, 19:05
I think everyone has their own personal preference as to which browser they use. I am perfectly happy with IE and my feeling is why change something when it works perfectly well for you.
15 of 26  -   Report This Post

tonyw

4th July 2011, 19:14
Sorry megan ,but it seems that most of the complaints involves IE.
I have not used it for the last few years.
But if you are happy with it ,hang on in there.
all the best TW
16 of 26  -   Report This Post

4th July 2011, 19:16
Have you upgraded to the latest IE? That might help.
17 of 26  -   Report This Post

sammy

4th July 2011, 19:23
Why should I use Firefox or Chrome if I tried them and they disturbed the smooth working of my system or for some other reason I didn't like them? And as for safari, isn't that a kind of outdoor hunting holiday?
18 of 26  -   Report This Post

4th July 2011, 19:41
Safari is a browser that was developed by Apple, for Applemacs originally. There is now a version which is PC compatable, and it seems to work quite well. It's horses for courses - what works for one person doesen't neccesarily work for someone else. Having tried most of the available browers I tend to stick with Firefox, as it suits me, although neither it, or any other browser is 100% satisfactory and bug free.
19 of 26  -   Report This Post

sammy

4th July 2011, 20:39
That was a joke! Or an attempt at one, perhaps I should say. I know safari is a browser.

20 of 26  -   Report This Post