CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

barrycat

3rd July 2011, 21:40
Em?
11 of 24  -   Report This Post

rusty

3rd July 2011, 21:54
Bullfrog, I am on Internet Explorer, but had never a problem accessing this site until the registration started last week, so I am not too sure where the problem lies.
12 of 24  -   Report This Post

ajt

3rd July 2011, 22:14
I am on IE. and the same has happened to me frequently in accessing this site. IE stops working, so of course all my tabs are gone, and it means starting all over again.
13 of 24  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd July 2011, 22:19
lol Barrycat.i remember putting all my vinyl onto CD.

you are probably using 'Internet Explorer' to find pages,or 'browse' the internet.
Hence 'Internet Explorer' is your Browser.(look at the very top left of the screen)

there are other things that do the same job (often better and still free).

sometimes new stuff will be written for one browser but not tested properly on the others, which can lead to 'conflicts' - ie. it won't work properly.

Usually gets sorted pretty soon,so hang on in there,or try a new browser.

14 of 24  -   Report This Post

rusty

3rd July 2011, 22:35
Anybody know what the buttons on the top row do? F1 to F12. Bit of a mystery these computers.
15 of 24  -   Report This Post

tim

3rd July 2011, 22:36
I've been getting blank page syndrome last couple of days with IE. Now it seems okay though. I'll see what it's like tomorrow.
16 of 24  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

3rd July 2011, 22:39
As trevor says site upgrades can cause unexpected problems for different guinea-pi....er, users.
The 'upgrade' to The Guardian crossword site a few months ago was a clusterf**k of mammoth proportions, but it settled down eventually.
17 of 24  -   Report This Post

tim

3rd July 2011, 22:43
Chald, some of them provide info, some do nothing. None of them bite. Try them out. When you want to get back to where you were press the escape key (top lft hand corner) & it will take you back to where you were.
18 of 24  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd July 2011, 22:45
F1 to F12 are called Function keys.
They do different things depending what application you are using (for instance, pressing F11 while using Firefox will make the page you see,into a full screen view)

They can also be assigned to do whatever you want them to.(eg. you could make F2 take you to a certain page, or open a program for you).

btw, for what its worth, i've always disliked IE (internet explorer) and always avoid using it.each to his own!
19 of 24  -   Report This Post

rusty

3rd July 2011, 22:52
Ta, Tim and Trevor. This thing has been on IE since I got it. I'll leave it the way it is and hope IE gets a bit more with it soon, to save me hassle finding another browser.
I am all for simplicity and I appear to have found a soulmate in Barrycat!
20 of 24  -   Report This Post