CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

barrycat

3rd July 2011, 20:50
Sorry I didn't reply To your helpful suggestion last night Pipesmoker. This is the first I've been able to login since last night, thanks to blank page problem. Methinks I'll give up on computers and go back to paper, pen and dictionaries!
1 of 24  -   Report This Post

rusty

3rd July 2011, 20:57
Excuse my intrusion, Barrycat, but I too suffer from Blank Page syndrome. In my case the page is blank for a minute or more.
Very annoying!
2 of 24  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

3rd July 2011, 21:04
HI, Barrycat. Yes there is something quite reassuring about pen and paper. I used to find this doing number work. If it is written down, it is much easier to see mistakes. Hit a wrong button on one of these things, and you might never find the error. I once just finished some course work, and my screen went blank. I hit every button on the keyboard. It did reappear, but it looked as if it had been translated into Turkish, or some such thing.

Anyway, glad you are back among us. Hope your weekend has been good. I had a telephone call from No 1 son, to say that when he visited about three weeks ago, he had put his fishing bag into the shed, but had just remembered that there were two fish in it. Would I please remove them as they would be smelly. My boy does not tell lies.

Hope this wee bit misery cheers you up.

Best wishes.

P
3 of 24  -   Report This Post

barrycat

3rd July 2011, 21:05
Hi Chald, not at all. It's taking me hours to get on and it wasn't like that before the login thingy.
4 of 24  -   Report This Post

barrycat

3rd July 2011, 21:07
Thanks pipesmoker. Your shed must smell....
can't think of a strong enough word.
5 of 24  -   Report This Post

rusty

3rd July 2011, 21:09
I agree, Barrycat, that would appear to be the start of it. Once I log in it is fairly normal, but that takes minutes and an uncivilised curse or three! Hopefully it will be sorted sooner rather than later!
6 of 24  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd July 2011, 21:21
i have not had any problems and i think that SallyW mentioned that She was using Firefox with no problems (i use Firefox too).
if it is a Browser specific thing then i am sure it will soon be sorted (if reported).
7 of 24  -   Report This Post

rusty

3rd July 2011, 21:29
Thank you for that, Trevor.
8 of 24  -   Report This Post

barrycat

3rd July 2011, 21:38
Thanks Trevor, but as a relative newby to computers I haven't a clue what that meant. I'm just catching up on technology. So much so I am now putting all my records on to a new fangled thing called cassette tapes.
9 of 24  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

3rd July 2011, 21:39
It seems fine to me on Chrome. Is it an IE specific problem?
10 of 24  -   Report This Post