CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gok wan acolytes

2nd July 2011, 12:23
I think its more likely to be which BROWSER you're using. I'm more used to and prefer IE but when I have problems like this I usually find using Chrome solves it.
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

ajt

2nd July 2011, 12:23
I've been having spasmodic problems, yesterday and today: at times very slow to raise the site, and sometimes - just with this webpage - Internet Explorer stops working.
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

2nd July 2011, 12:32
Hi, Dot Dash Dot Dash. I fall into the category of 'probably should have been put down years ago', so I wasn't even aware that there was a choice. Please, what is IE and Chrome? How do we access them. I'm usually quite chuffed if the thing works at all.

Best wishes.

P
13 of 22  -   Report This Post

silly boy

2nd July 2011, 12:33
I use IE, and it has never happened before ! I'm glad it's not just me. ;o)
14 of 22  -   Report This Post

rusty

2nd July 2011, 12:33
I've had problems with slowness, too. Wonder if that is why there have been so few posts since yesterday?
15 of 22  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

2nd July 2011, 12:37
Chald, there was a two hour gap last night with no postings at all. I thought it might be the end of the world. I've never known such a long time without something happening.

As it was, I had posted the last one at 8pm, and then decided to try another at 10, incase I had blocked the system or something
16 of 22  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

2nd July 2011, 12:48
This should answer your questions Pipesmoker, I'm not at all Techie either, so if I can download and Use Chrome anyone can. It does seem faster and less buggy than Internet Explorer (IE), I've just never got to grips with using some of its feature, like Favourites which seem easier to use in IE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_browser
17 of 22  -   Report This Post

rusty

2nd July 2011, 12:49
Pipesmoker, last night was decidedly odd, but not the end of the world, well not here in Dundee, anyway! Maybe Ash and cohorts are doing upgrades or whatever on the site?
18 of 22  -   Report This Post

mamya

2nd July 2011, 12:53
I am using Chrome and this site is exceedingly slow today.
19 of 22  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

2nd July 2011, 13:04
I'm using Firefox and am having no problems whatsoever. I usually use Firefox, as I don't find IE that reliable. It is always hanging and crashing, and has a huge lag time.
20 of 22  -   Report This Post