CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rusty

1st July 2011, 15:59
Yep, saw Black Bob's friendly face for the first time in many years. Happy days!
21 of 32  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

1st July 2011, 16:24
Jings Pastille
I nearly didn't spot you there - was out on my own snail patrol - all 18 (with shells on)well and truly wellied! Yes I did notice the proliferation of D C Thomson nostalgia publications at Christmas. All the grannies in my Ramblers were buying them for their grandchildren. I don't know what the kids would make of them though - things have changed so much since the days you got an Our Wullie Annual for Chistmas and not a lot else. Must be good for Dundee though if they're still published printed there. My mother's favourite saying was "it must be true it said so in The Sunday Post". Yeah right Mum.
22 of 32  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

1st July 2011, 16:31
Fine paper the Sunday Post. I had my first paid work published there. I got 7/6d for writing a letter about my Skoda.

I had an aunt who regularly developed the symptoms being discussed by the Doc in the Sunday Post. She must have been disappointed when he covered prostate problems.
23 of 32  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

1st July 2011, 16:56
Yes Pipesmoker,
I think we all had aunts like that - I wonder how many people he killed. I was fascinated by the Doc as a child though. I've managed to wean myself off the Sunday Post... except when someone's left one on the train.
24 of 32  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

1st July 2011, 17:05
That's my favourite way of getting a newspaper. It's a bit much, though, when they've done the crossword first.
25 of 32  -   Report This Post

pastille

1st July 2011, 19:15
Be warned...I am away to blether, switch off now.

Immediately! If you do not want to hear!

You have been warned...so no complaining.

I once had the total humiliation of appearing in the centre pages of the Sunday Post.

I had a wee artyfartycrafty business at the time and was interviewed about it.

As the guy was leaving he asked if I was making a lot of money...to which I answered...haha...hahaha, no I would be better of on the bureau!

So, then appeared a tirade about youngsters scrounging off the state...bloody students ect ect...whereas here we have a pillar of the community, a shining beacon to us all, blablabla....and by the way she has a shop!

It was the early 70's...What an embarrassment.I couldn't show my face for weeks. People actually recognised me...I got fan mail...

I have been emotionally scared since...

Thank you for letting me share.

p@ x
26 of 32  -   Report This Post

pastille

1st July 2011, 19:16
By the way...Never eat mince on a Monday!

Classic Sunday Post advice.
27 of 32  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st July 2011, 19:35
not even in a pastie?
28 of 32  -   Report This Post

pastille

1st July 2011, 19:39
Well, Trevor...you can take a chance.

p@x
29 of 32  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

1st July 2011, 19:53
Pastille, you must have felt you had arrived, making the centre spread. That is one of the most important pages in a newspaper.

My claim to photographic fame was getting our wedding photo in the local rag. Two days later, we were being used to wrap up someone's fish and chips.

P
30 of 32  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » comics