CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

29th June 2011, 03:00
3 'characters' rather than 3 letters, so 'ME', and a space.(that post was me;trevor)
You don't need to actually create a new e-mail account,just make up a new e-mail address(stick a letter in front of your old one,thats what i did).
As long as the address has not been used on this site already then it is OK.
nothing new there,and you can still have more than one name, but the point is,nobody else can use any of those names once you have registered.
Which is great - if it says, e.g. Pastille,we now know for sure that it is Pastille - never much doubt there anyway,but still...
11 of 46  -   Report This Post

trevor

29th June 2011, 03:40
also - adding a space to a name over 3 characters long won't work,but i do hope our contributor Dot, aka >.< reads this.

full-stop, space bar, space bar,

might work.
i sound like a bloody sat nav.
12 of 46  -   Report This Post

tonyw

29th June 2011, 07:28
I set up a different name on the pub computer as I didn't want them to have my real e-mail address .You can use anything that just looks like an address i.e. john@john.co.uk
I registered as billy so if you see a post by him it's me in the pub!
13 of 46  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

29th June 2011, 11:32
The thing is you can register in as many different names as you want, but no one will be able to post in your name, as has been known to happen in the past.
14 of 46  -   Report This Post

elephant

29th June 2011, 12:17
Surely this new ruling will cut out some of the abuse we've had to suffer in the past.
15 of 46  -   Report This Post

me!

29th June 2011, 12:17
Very useful then WallyS
16 of 46  -   Report This Post

29th June 2011, 12:24
Dear Me! I think you missed the point of what I said. If you posted under wallys, then obviously it isn't me but someone else - doh!
17 of 46  -   Report This Post

29th June 2011, 12:27
Did you have to register as me!? I feel like I'm talking to myself when I reply to you! ;0)
18 of 46  -   Report This Post

billy

29th June 2011, 13:31
Finished early,guess where I am?
Notice that the naughty word early in this thread has been removed.
19 of 46  -   Report This Post

emf

29th June 2011, 14:05
im me, at least i was when i looked in the mirror this morning. cheers
20 of 46  -   Report This Post