CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

fred

10th August 2009, 00:23
HAIL to Jim B the chosen one what/whom/who do you want us mere mortals to kill? We are not worthy to exist compared to you our great leader
301 of 1953  -   Report This Post

jimb

10th August 2009, 00:40
Fred.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here, I was on a crossword solver website and there was a clue that someone was asking about which was as follows,

Assassinate the ruler inside to feed the whales. (5)The letters where K?i?l. So I sent my suggestion off but was one letter out. How it arrived on this thread I'll never know?

JimB
302 of 1953  -   Report This Post

fred

10th August 2009, 00:48
Jim B-the Chosen One it may not be wise to mention assassination at this juncture- there are those ever ready to usurp(I have always liked that word) your elavated position(you can get off the ceiling now)You think your confused!
Regards
FRED
303 of 1953  -   Report This Post

fred

10th August 2009, 00:51
sorry you're confused. Time for sleep.
304 of 1953  -   Report This Post

fred

10th August 2009, 00:54
elavated=elevated -blinking sleeping tablets zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
305 of 1953  -   Report This Post

mamya

10th August 2009, 00:56
Knew i wouldn`t get this one too, was too bust sweeoing up the dropped stitches, they do make a mess

mutter mumble

mebbe the 400th ?
306 of 1953  -   Report This Post

coline

10th August 2009, 09:49
I thought it was time to bring a little
(in)sanity back to this thread by answering Celadon's original query concerning the need for sell by date(s) on cartons of sour cream.

Having given miniscule thought and conducted even less research into this unfathomable question, I submit the following dissertation in my pursuit of an award of a PhD. (Philosophical Drivel).

Clearly, the inclusion of sell/use by dates on sour cream is a misguided ploy by producers to persuade us to throw away "outdated" cartons and then to buy more.

Have they not heard the old adage "never throw anything away - everything has a use once in seven years". I never throw anything away and my 1950's kitchen cabinet, which now lives in the garage, is full of old screws, tap washers, dubious fuses, electrical fittings, bicycle chain links - you name it - I've got it. The same goes for sour cream.

I have discovered that out of date sour cream is extremely good for acne, boils, excema and psoriasis - each of which have proliferated greatly since I ditched the E45 and started using sour cream.

Also, sour cream more than three months out of date works well as a sun screen, having a UV factor of at least 100. It works so well that it not only prevents the skin from tanning, it actually creates a distinct palour. It is even rumoured (or so it is alleged) that it was persistent use of outdated sour cream that brought about the change of skin colour of an American entertainer who wished to look like his children!

Taking all of the above into account, I now have to acknowledge that it might just be possible - with a considerable stretch of the imagination - that the sell by date is not solely a commercial ploy by producers after all.

Thanks for the stimulation Celadon!

Colin
307 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

10th August 2009, 10:27
ColinE what have you done? Just been down to the local ASDA and the sour cream shelves were empty!

O si sic omnia!

Celadon
308 of 1953  -   Report This Post

coline

10th August 2009, 16:33
O si sic omnia, indeed
309 of 1953  -   Report This Post

offset

10th August 2009, 17:09
From the Director of the Office of Free Speech, Education and Threading; the Regulating Authority for Crossword Help Forums.

It has been brought to our notice that certain contributors to the "Crossword Clue Solver" web-site have been using the "offset" short cut to access the latest posting in multiple entry threads more quickly. OFFSET would like it known that we consider such use of the "offset" short cut for this purpose to be inappropriate, as it removes from contributors the enjoyment of scrolling through hundreds of earlier posts, which is considered to be a necessary discipline to prove a contributor's dedication to the site.

Iam A.S.Tickler.
Director,
OFFSET
310 of 1953  -   Report This Post