CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

15th June 2011, 11:13
Like yourself, Caravaggio, I have spent many hours watching police dramas. In my case it was endless repeats of The Sweeney. I always knew that this was not simply for my enjoyment. Obviously, there is knowledge to be gained from such a pursuit.

Watching programmes from past decades always has the thrill of seeing cars I once owned. I spent a chunk of last night filling up the CD changer in my car which was made in 1998. For some reason, it was decided that this should be located in the boot, so passers by were treated to the sight of my wee legs dangling out of the back of the car. Happily, though, the designers had the nous to put the controls inside, otherwise, I would have had to ask Mrs P to travel in the boot to change the music when required. Somehow, I don't think she would have been amused.

P
21 of 42  -   Report This Post

andy pandy

15th June 2011, 11:13
"Lainy and Andy Pandy re 19d Yes it does begin with M"

Thanks Karen, Got it now. There's only one word it can be really. Didn't know the police meaning. One lives and learns...

TTFN A-P
22 of 42  -   Report This Post

pastille

15th June 2011, 11:25
Pipesmoker...

You had me laughing out loud this morning with your elephant incident.

I can empathise, I had a similar experience with a camel.

As I was trying to get on its back the beastie started to get up...I grabbed the top of the camel keepers hair, and nearly scalped him.

Our camel ride/picnic resulted in me walking back...nothing was getting me on those humps again.

I do like horses though.

Take care

p@
23 of 42  -   Report This Post

torvic

15th June 2011, 11:50
Hi all, The only time I got on a horse the beast totally ignored me. It wandered around wherever it wanted, then stopped to munch on some grass and I could not get it to move. Never again!
24 of 42  -   Report This Post

karen

15th June 2011, 12:03
Morning Caravaggio, I too thought that the criminal element used this word to describe their 'patch'.So after seeing your post and ref to Chambers, just out of interest I looked it up in my dictionary(The Concise Oxford)and it states 3. Brit. colloq the district covered by a police station.
Best Karen
25 of 42  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

15th June 2011, 12:03
Pastille,

I bet the camel keeper couldn't see the funny side of it all. Some people simply lack a sense of humour. I would have enjoyed watching, but would have kept a very respectable distance from the beast. I hear that their manners are a bit lacking as they bite and spit. Come to think of it, as a child, I wasn't much different. Getting my teeth yanked out has improved my behaviour.

P
26 of 42  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

15th June 2011, 12:12
Hi, Torvic,

My experience of the horse would have been exactly like your own, but for the fact that it was being led along by a wee lassie on a bike. I prefer the means of transport where I have control of the brakes, and the speed of travel is not determined by the whim of the horse or elephant.

My house overlooks a field where there are four horses. Nice enough to look at, but better they stay on their side of the fence and I stay on mine.

P
27 of 42  -   Report This Post

mr. light

15th June 2011, 17:38
Cheers for the warm welcome. Loving the horse/camel/elephant adventures... funny how if you mention horses down the pub etc, everyone seems to have a story about ending up in a hedge or somesuch, never to ride again !!
28 of 42  -   Report This Post

old gal

16th June 2011, 15:57
Hello all - the first time I got onto a horse it felt as though I were sitting on a bag of jelly! Very wobbly - didnt help when he kept munching grass and sending me over his head! Got off to a racing start this week but have now coughed to a halt. Will toil on though. am confused with 21d though. Any help?
29 of 42  -   Report This Post

karen

16th June 2011, 16:06
Afternoon old gal,hope all's well with you.
re 21d Its another word for a book. You should have T-M-.
Hope that of help.
Best Karen
30 of 42  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT no 25