CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

7th June 2011, 12:31
Good Morning, all.

Not too terrible this week. I managed to get 15 across by working out the word play, but had never heard of the word.

Best wishes.

P
1 of 33  -   Report This Post

navigator

7th June 2011, 16:10
Good afternoon all.
I had trouble with the computer last week
hence my absence.
I liked 1d 16a and 13d. As usual I was held up on the last one - 8a - until I realised that I was with the wrong Mr Murray.
Kind Regards,
Navigator.
2 of 33  -   Report This Post

deekay

7th June 2011, 21:43
I have the answer to 8a from the last word in the clue and the letters from intersecting clues - but I don't understand the Murray reference. Could somebody explain?

thanks
3 of 33  -   Report This Post

navigator

8th June 2011, 08:54
Hi Deekay.
** Murray is a comic aka the Pub Landlord.He's followed by a rascal ***.
Both are within Aladdin's ****.
N.
4 of 33  -   Report This Post

wee jock

8th June 2011, 13:50
Howdy Folks,

Hope all are well,especially Old Gal.

No one can say it was VERY easy this week,except a genius perhaps,but apart from
8a( murray and his dreadful hollow construction),each clue had its merits, eg
Neat and witty:7a,9a, 22a ;Well hidden:24a,5d,21d.
Like you P.S.,I had to look up the meaning of 15a's answer and spent some time with the wrong MURRAYS:Jenny M.,Andy M.,Ruby M., and even M. Walker before I finally got to the landlord!I'd also been in the wrong hollow!

MUST FLY
NUFF SAID
WJ
5 of 33  -   Report This Post

chris4food

8th June 2011, 14:08
Hello Everyone - hope you're all keeping fit and well.
Well, either I'm getting cleverer in my old age, or I'm getting into the Compiler's mindset, cos I finished it ALL ON MY OWN!!! within a couple of hours - okay so I wasn't so quick....
Funnily enough I had no problems with 15a - in fact it was the first clue I got. Many years ago I used to work with a bloke who often used the word.....
The one that was the hardest for me was 7a - which is daft really, cos when I got it, I realised how easy it was!!!
I, too, was hooked on the wrong Mr Murray thinking tennis rather than comedy!
Regards to you all
Chris
6 of 33  -   Report This Post

crypto

8th June 2011, 15:22
Funnily enough I had the right Murray from the outset but still didn't get the answer straight away - in fact that corner was the last bit I did.
7 of 33  -   Report This Post

old gal

8th June 2011, 16:03
Hello everyone and hope you are all well and thriving! I have completed about half of this week's which is not bad for me. Still struggling with 8a but got the right Murray - still floundering about in the hollow.
Start cheme/radio treatment next week - may take the RT with me to take my mind off it. Glad to see you back Chris!
8 of 33  -   Report This Post

chald

8th June 2011, 16:34
old gal,
I am not a contributor to the RT thread but may I wish you all the very best with your forthcoming treatment!
9 of 33  -   Report This Post

bees

8th June 2011, 18:06
Hi old gal, glad you're in good spirits! All the best.
Now you've all convinced me that 24a was what I feared it was, it has destroyed my 4d.Am I looking for the name of a character in a "comedy" that I couldn't bear to watch?
10 of 33  -   Report This Post