CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bees

8th June 2011, 20:04
Yes it was!
7A is an outrage, the compiler should be ashamed. But (s)he won't be, you can count on it.
11 of 33  -   Report This Post

karen

8th June 2011, 20:21
Evening All.
I was about to reply to your post Bees,but see you need no assistance!
I did'nt think it was that easy this week,I'd not heard of 13d before(thank goodness for anagrams)! Took me a while to get 7a,but that's cryptics for you,made sense once I worked it out.
Dear old gal, all the very best with your treatment next week, I'm sure you'll be well looked after. Karenx
12 of 33  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

9th June 2011, 13:14
Hi, Folks. I always like hearing from Wee Jock. Names like Ruby Murray are from my childhood. Now I don't feel so old. She also recorded along with Brendan O'Dowda. His rendition of The Lark in the Clear Air is always worth listening to. After many years of searching for this, I found it on eBay for fifty pence.

Hope all are well. Best wishes to you Old Gal.

P.
13 of 33  -   Report This Post

teapot

9th June 2011, 19:48
You all get your RT before I do. I shouldn't peep at the forum really,as it gives me a clue or two in advance, so I'm cheating.
But wanted to know how you were doing, Old Gal. Not long to wait now. Must be hard waiting. Tomorrow I am taking my friend for a celebratory coffee and cake because she has finished her final chemo and is feeling up to a short trip, although she gets tired after an hour or so - unless it's me boring her solid. She said to wish you well from her. Me too.x
14 of 33  -   Report This Post

nimrod

9th June 2011, 20:54
Good evening all.
Some nice clues this week :- liked 8A, 24A & 13D. I also recall a brief recollection and discussion of 12A with Caravaggio some time ago. Ian Richardson & Susannah Harker at their best, aided by a wonderful script.
Regards,
NIMROD
15 of 33  -   Report This Post

old gal

9th June 2011, 20:58
Awwww! You're all so great! These good wishes are SO uplifting..... BUT still need help with 8a. Got the Murray bit and the bounder bit but am floundering with the rest. Got most of the rest done - not too sure about 11a also so any further clues..........
16 of 33  -   Report This Post

nimrod

9th June 2011, 21:20
Old Gal,
Navigator on Post 4 of this thread gives a good breakdown of 8A. For 11A; French for pictures is what you should look for!
Regards, NIMROD
17 of 33  -   Report This Post

weex jock

10th June 2011, 14:44
Howdy Folks

Old Gal,
8a Think of a 1933 oscar winning film adaptation a Noel Coward play. I know you're
much too young to know but ask your Grannie!

11a Try,ten times,kitchen,water or dining room and aqdd a french homophone for OH!

LOVE AND BEST WISHES
NUFF SAID
WJ
18 of 33  -   Report This Post

weex jock

10th June 2011, 15:00
Pipesmoker

Thanks for reminding of:

Dear thoughts are in my mind and my soul

soars enchanted,

As I hear the sweet lark sing,

in the clear of the day.

My late wife's favourite Irish melody and the finest of that genre.

MUST FLY
NUFF SAID
WJ
19 of 33  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

10th June 2011, 20:44
WJ, Your wife was clearly a lady of impeccable taste in music. This would be one that would come with me to BBC's mythical desert island - along with some Gigli, Bjoerling and Philip McCann playing the cornet. Can't understand why the BBC hasn't been in touch already.

Best wishes.

P
20 of 33  -   Report This Post