CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

2nd June 2011, 13:33
Thanks, Karen.

I get it now. My mind just wasn't on that track at all.

Blessings on you.

P
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

crypto

2nd June 2011, 14:28
Thanks Karen for the explanation of 18a - it was the one clue that even though I'd got the answer I didn't feel I fully understood the wordplay.
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

karen

2nd June 2011, 14:44
Hi Pipesmoker and Crypyo,glad to help,also that I didn't confuse you! I worked it out after I got the answer,which often happens in my case!
Best Karen
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

mondrian

3rd June 2011, 11:01
Unlike Caravaggio, I liked the construct of 24A - when I got the answer. Thought it imaginative. However I am stuck on 6D and 13D. Also can 16A really be the capital of Cheshire? Amd I did not like that thing about the Dissenter and the bird but what I have seems to fit in. Also unlike most of you I found this weeks difficult - what is new there!!?
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

3rd June 2011, 11:17
Hi Mondrian,

After re-reading the wording of 24a, it isn't as bad as I thought it was! However, I don't understand your comments about 16a...

Incidentally, I didn't want to respond to your comments last week as I would have brought the thread to the top of the page but you can't get a decent signal in the Llanberis Pass! And, yes, my father was an inspiration to me and was my best friend too.

With kind regards,

Caravaggio [Somewhere in Cheshire but not the capital!]
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

mondrian

3rd June 2011, 11:21
Caravaggio What a wonderful legacy your father left you. I was quite moved by what you said.
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

karen

3rd June 2011, 12:15
Hi Mondrian,re-6d Its a game similar to billiards.
13d.A gardener who shapes trees into different forms.
I dont think you mean 16a and can find no clues that relate to Cheshire. if you mean 22a I think you'll find it's in Cumbria.
Hope that helps.
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

big h

4th June 2011, 10:12
17d has me stumped. A bit of help please.
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

nimrod

4th June 2011, 13:27
Big H,
Great name. Think of another word for (machine gun)bullets - insert the centre letter of crypt and you should come up with a word to describe the stonework elements that support the glass in a Gothic window.
Regards,
NIMROD
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

big h

4th June 2011, 17:36
Thank you NIMROD, I have it now.
20 of 20  -   Report This Post