CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

6th May 2011, 00:53
Hi, Old Gal,

Good to hear from you. Hope things are going better than you expected. Not the best crossword this week, but I had to put my thinking cap on for two or three. Still, stops me being complacent.

Best wishes.

P
11 of 26  -   Report This Post

stuart

6th May 2011, 07:05
Hi, cannot finish as unable to fathom 22a, E-A-E- (Label inside Spanish coat). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
12 of 26  -   Report This Post

chrisg

6th May 2011, 07:08
E name L
enamel = coat
13 of 26  -   Report This Post

stuart

6th May 2011, 07:49
Thanks Chrisg
14 of 26  -   Report This Post

charlies human

6th May 2011, 08:17
Morning All - I didn't have much trouble with this one but I wonder whether anyone else is able to do it very quickly and easily late at night, when it was not so easy earlier in the day? And not, let me say, under the influence of the Pinot Grieege! And my last clue is often 17down, which is something else I don't quite understand either. As for 8a this week, I don't remember it being a series at all, only a film. Charlie has retired to sleep off his breakfast and that's that. He would wish me to send greetings to one and all, so I do. CH.
15 of 26  -   Report This Post

mondrian

6th May 2011, 13:13
Thanks torvic and Bees. Of course it is a pasta dish! And I had been trying to make a word out of `pasta & in`!! 8A I had to look up as I would never have got it and don`t like sci-fi anyway so would not have watched the original.

Hello Old gal - thoughts are with you.
16 of 26  -   Report This Post

old gal

6th May 2011, 13:55
Mondrian - I am still stuck on the pasta one. I usually get off to a slow start and then have a sudden brain spurt later in the week. Good job I never send in my entries..... My MRI scan is Monday so that's the next thing to get over. Went for lots of lovely walks in the Cotswolds over the Bank Holidays - feel really privileged to live so close to such a beautiful area.
17 of 26  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

6th May 2011, 16:08
Hi Old Gal,

We're all thinking about you and, to make things easy for you without giving you the actual answer, I'm going to give you the Chambers definition:

"n pl flat sheets of pasta; n sing a baked dish of this with tomatoes, cheese and usu meat."

I hope that that helps.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio

18 of 26  -   Report This Post

old gal

6th May 2011, 16:44
Thanks Caravaggio - as ever, as soon as I posted the answer dawned..........
19 of 26  -   Report This Post

murphy

9th May 2011, 10:00
I have been romping around Nidderdale. On return I see that there is another Murphy contributing, so I will have to change my name!
20 of 26  -   Report This Post