CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry

3rd May 2011, 17:29
Yeah,well I deliberately messed up the definition beause I knew what the prize was. I'd rather castrate myself with a rusty saw than have to listen to that bunch of redneck dorks again.

Congratulations to Peterm.

By the way Bullfrog, the compo is supposed to run 'til this time on the Wednesday - you know- tomorrow.
21 of 30  -   Report This Post

pastille

3rd May 2011, 17:32
What?

Yet another premature evacuation?

What's going on?

p@
22 of 30  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

3rd May 2011, 19:01
Oooops -- it's all these bloody Bank Holidays. I don't know what day it is any more! Sincere apologies to anyone still honing their finely-crafted wordplay. Submit it anyway and I'll offer the same prize if something comes in to top peterm's effort.
23 of 30  -   Report This Post

peterm

3rd May 2011, 19:15
I've just looked in again to catch up on the latest, to find to my amazement that I'd won, and then I hadn't! What is this, some new sort of torture? Life can be so cruel.

Anyway, you know what you've got to beat.

Now that we know that an irresistible night with The Bullfrogs awaits the winner, I'm sure you can expect a rush of new entries.
24 of 30  -   Report This Post

siamcat

3rd May 2011, 19:27
Out all day so just logged on to find it's all over, (story of my life!!)

Bullfrog, know the problem with BHs. My dustbins have been out for a day 'cos I forgot they change the emptying day.

Peterm, congrats to you. Couldn't top your clue so look forward to next week's CLUELESS.

25 of 30  -   Report This Post

mandala

3rd May 2011, 21:16
I've been away and only just found this thread. Anyway, despite the prize having already been awarded, here's mine:

Girths a cent or making music (13)
26 of 30  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

4th May 2011, 01:03
peterm, your prize is safe. I'm offering (at massive personal expense) another no-expenses-paid trip to see The Bullfrogs if anyone should top your clue.
27 of 30  -   Report This Post

les40

4th May 2011, 02:05
In France this is keeping Harry from speaking out about the queen making arrangements (13)
28 of 30  -   Report This Post

peterm

4th May 2011, 10:12
Thanks Bullfrog. I can now sleep easily!

I take it I'll be providing the word next week.
29 of 30  -   Report This Post

therogue

4th May 2011, 11:19
Thanks Bullfrog and well done peterm. I thought terrys entry was genius too, when I finally figured it out.
Shame about the prize being void though; had heard that all future gigs were cancelled when the founder-member croaked...
30 of 30  -   Report This Post