CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

misko

1st May 2011, 03:30
I see you guys are all regulars. Is there a protocol? I'm in Melbourne Australia and I'm amazed by this network of cryptc help available. Any advice appreciated
1 of 54  -   Report This Post

les40

1st May 2011, 03:46
Welcome misko,

I'm Les40 from the Northwest of England.
It' simple really.
Always make sure you type the clue as you see it in your xword, mention what paper it is if possible, and how many letters it is and any that you already have.
Not too many profanities please, you may offend some of the posters.
And with certain crosswords, postera don't like you to send back the answer straight away, but maybe give another clue towards hinting at the answer,
In a nutshell, just keep your eye on the site and you will pick it up soon enough,
It's OK to have banter with the people (You will see that soon enough pal).
You will get to know some of the best compilers and Cryptic crossword solvers (Cruciverbalists) in the land,
Some real wordplay magicians.
Have fun.
2 of 54  -   Report This Post

misko

1st May 2011, 03:54
Thanks Les. You are an English Gentleman...but also, perhaps, one of those wizards you mentioned. Thanks for your response and help earlier. Much appreciated.
I only do Saturday's cryptic in the Melbourne Age - but it usually takes me a week to finish it!
3 of 54  -   Report This Post

les40

1st May 2011, 03:59
misko,

You will get a good mix of clues on here, and if you don't understand the wordplay when somebody replies with the answer to a clue, don't hesitate to ask how they come to the answer.
Never heard of your Melbourne Age crossword, but lokks like it could offer a few good challenging clues.
4 of 54  -   Report This Post

misko

1st May 2011, 04:44
The Melbourne Age is Melbourne's leading paper. Saturday's cryptic is very challenging for me, but I love it. This week it's connecting most of the clues with 2 others, including the one you gave me BEAUFORT SCALE and one other: - - - - E /- - - -
Managed to maintain one flash of perfect rage.
5 of 54  -   Report This Post

samak

1st May 2011, 04:56
Hmm. Struggling with this one. No other letters yet ?
6 of 54  -   Report This Post

misko

1st May 2011, 06:18
Hi Samak,
Not a thing! I need this one to start working around it!
7 of 54  -   Report This Post

chrisg

1st May 2011, 06:30
Raise Cain ?
8 of 54  -   Report This Post

sallyw

1st May 2011, 07:20
Welcome Misko!
9 of 54  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st May 2011, 07:30
G'day Misko. People on here are very helpful and friendly.
R
10 of 54  -   Report This Post