CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

10th April 2011, 20:41
jimbo99
that was my thinking too regarding Aisle but
then i thought it would make Strand wrong(you seemed to suggest that they shared the same 1st letter).
or i misread it.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

jimbo99

10th April 2011, 20:45
Terry. I see now .... I think. Yes got it now. How would you solve this clue with no letters to start you off. Years of experience I suppose which I don't have.
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

jimbo99

10th April 2011, 20:50
Trevor. I apologise, I said "The first letter of the second answer will be the first letter of the 1st answer" whereas I meant to say "The first letter of the second answer will be the fourth letter of the 1st answer". ie the a of strand is the a of aisle. Once again, humble apologies, I tried so hard to be accurate as I composed my initial request. Failed!!!
Thanks again

JP
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

terry

10th April 2011, 20:51
Jimbo,
I don't think I could have solved it without a letter or two. It's one of those where you come up with the answer and then work out how it totally fits the clue.
My little gripe was about you telling people that both answers started with the same letter. You must have realised that they didn't and should have put the mistake right.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

jimbo99

10th April 2011, 21:10
Terry, I only realised I had made a mistake when I read post 11, and I apologised straight away. I didn't see the bit in your post re this error, so now I say sorry to you. At least the crossword is finished. :-)
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

terry

10th April 2011, 21:12
no problem Jimbo, we all do it.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post