CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrisg

6th April 2011, 17:13
well done Siamcat - excellent clue !
21 of 34  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th April 2011, 17:20
Congrats Siamcat
22 of 34  -   Report This Post

sammy

6th April 2011, 17:21
COngrats to Siamcat.

Chrisg's refers to the meaning of the word (lifting of the veil) and that it's a word from the Greek.

As far as I can make out, ixion's is a reference to the film "Apocolypse Now" by the director Francis Ford Coppola which starred Marlon Brando - and looks like an anagram in there as well, although I haven't worked it all out in detail, so maybe I'm wrong about the latter.
23 of 34  -   Report This Post

ajt

6th April 2011, 17:57
When I read your clue earlier, Siamcat, I thought it stood out in a class of its own. Well-deserved accolade.
24 of 34  -   Report This Post

peterm

6th April 2011, 18:05
Very well done Siamcat.
25 of 34  -   Report This Post

the joker

6th April 2011, 18:12
A worthy winner Siamcat.Congratulations.
I look forward to reading a full account of your evening out,and any pictures would be appreciated by us all.
TJ
26 of 34  -   Report This Post

terry

6th April 2011, 19:10
Oh dear, I missed it. Mind you I couldn't have matched Siamcat's offering. Just purrrrrfect. And what a super prize Mary has given. Definitely a night to remember (for the police statement I expect).
27 of 34  -   Report This Post

tonyw

6th April 2011, 19:38
Mary where do you live?
I want to go there now!
28 of 34  -   Report This Post

pastille

6th April 2011, 20:49
Well done Siamcat...that was a wonderful clue.

I have been away,so missed my chance (eh, like my clue could have matched that! don't think so somehow.)for that fabulous prize, as Terry say's a night out that you could never forget....quality!

You are "the Woman"

Mary, hope you win again, as I want a chance to win a similar prize.

Take care all,

p@
29 of 34  -   Report This Post

mamya

6th April 2011, 21:27
Very well done Siamcat, no wonder mine was not even mentioned in despatches, a worthy winner.
30 of 34  -   Report This Post