CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sammy

5th April 2011, 14:13
Oh, well...

I'd got one and was on the right track with two others but still working on them, looking for the right word to fit.

Don't see how that Hun clue works.
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

ixion

5th April 2011, 14:27
XX may have got one wrong...think it's turning rather than unhinge
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

chrisg

5th April 2011, 14:38
You are right ixion - it is turning.
answer derived from "underrating hun to" removing "around the" anagram of the remainder is Turning - bend.

Great pity this pleb XX has spoilt the thread once again
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

jolan

5th April 2011, 15:04
Oh dear! Incredible, isn't it? Thank you Ixion, Sammy, Chrisg, Traver, AJT and Terry.
Terry
Missed it. But thanks is really due to you who had the super idea in the first place.

Thanks also Ixion and Chrisg for correcting that poor idiot XX. Getting it wrong will probably wound him/her deeply. We should be a little careful with the unfortunate XX. He/she's clearly a bit mentally disturbed with delusions of grandeur. Pointing out the error might send him/her over the edge.

I suppose he/she'll continue to spoil our weekly bit of fun (unless, of course he/she seeks help). I wonder should we continue?

Ah yes! I'll continue to put the usual batch on Tuesdays. It might be possible to try and shut ones eyes to his posting, difficult though that might be. You could still hold off ANY comment till 1700 and just answer as you normally would.

A complete BLANK in postings after XX's until 5 would be the best way of treating XX (& ABSOLUTELY no comment on his/her silliness). XX CRAVES attention. Let's not give it to him/her after this, Eh?
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry

5th April 2011, 17:08
Once again your clues proved too hard for XX. Perhaps he/she should stick to the Beano.

For all Ash's changes we are no better off really are we. I've always said that morphing is the biggest problem on here and I still believe it. Brain-damaged sickos like XX can't resist trying to trash everything decent. Presumedly because their own miserable wasted lives have left them in such a twisted state. I imagine that XX's dad (if he knows who he is) must be laughing as XX proves yet again that he is the total loser and utter failure that his dad always said he was.

I found 4. the most difficult. So much misdirection to wade through.
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

jolan

5th April 2011, 17:13
Agree with your comments Terry. Be interesting to see how disciplining ourselves to avoid glancing at poor XX's reply and ignoring him (I really cannot see it being a woman - far too silly) will work.

Misdirection is my middle name, lol.
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

sammy

5th April 2011, 20:02
I didn't twig the OCARINA one at all. Very well deflected, considering that type of answer should be about the easiest to get!

With the Hun clue, I got the idea of an anagram of the first part of the phrase - but not the "to", which appears to belong to the signalling of an anagram rather than to the content of the anagram itself. Then I got the idea of omitting "the" from the anagram but not omitting "around", which word I took to be a signal towards omitting "the", rather than itself also being the thing omitted. But I quickly gave up on it when I couldn't get the anagram to work.
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

tonyw

5th April 2011, 20:14
I didn't have a chance to get involved today ,and quite frankly I am pleased.XX can go and stuff their head down the nearest crapper.Looking forward to Mary tomorrow .
18 of 18  -   Report This Post