CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ixion

28th March 2011, 00:38
Good plan Terry - can we change the title though, that one may not maximise the response!
41 of 47  -   Report This Post

tonyw

28th March 2011, 00:40
Terry,OK we wont do it. Especially if you talk sphericals load of.
42 of 47  -   Report This Post

terry

28th March 2011, 00:43
OK,
Assuming nobody objects I'll put something on Jolan's own thread on Tuesday. Explain the idea,etc. I'm pretty sure he'll like it as well.
43 of 47  -   Report This Post

ixion

28th March 2011, 00:44
He was excellent in that Bullfrog - some of those Dennis Potter dramas must be due a repeat showing - maybe not Blackeyes though!
44 of 47  -   Report This Post

tonyw

28th March 2011, 00:45
go for it
looking forward
CU tuesday
45 of 47  -   Report This Post

peterm

28th March 2011, 13:51
I've just caught up with this thread. May I offer what is intended to be constructive criticism of the anagram part of the clue? The Guardian book "A Clue to Our Lives" suggests that pretty muchy anything passes by way of clue construction, with one exception:

"Indirect anagrams are forbidden. For example, 'Graduate never ordered plant (7) for VERBENA is illegitimate as you have to first guess that graduate is BA before doing the anagram; but 'east' to put an E into an anagram is OK. Just."

I think that applies to your use of Estonia as anagram fodder.

That said, I take my hat off (if I was wearing one) to Terry, for working it out.
46 of 47  -   Report This Post

ixion

28th March 2011, 18:06
Thanks peterm - I'll take that on board
47 of 47  -   Report This Post