CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

def

25th March 2011, 01:12
Not at all. Taken as a compliment. How boring it would be if we were all "normal".
11 of 28  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th March 2011, 01:13
lovely.

Thank you,

x
12 of 28  -   Report This Post

def

25th March 2011, 01:17
Mamya, Beautiful verse. Reminds me of an old girl friend I once had - especially the "cold shoulder" bit.
13 of 28  -   Report This Post

mamya

25th March 2011, 01:40
Cold feet are worse especially on the small of your back, but if I could turn back the pages in my life, I would have those back in a blink of an eye.
14 of 28  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th March 2011, 01:46
Mamya,

kissypoos
15 of 28  -   Report This Post

the joker

25th March 2011, 01:48
Mamya
As the Worshipful Grand Mistress of the Ancient Order of Tricoteuses,I am surprised at you not thinking to run up a pair of bedsocks.
16 of 28  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th March 2011, 01:49
wow, Mamya,
yet again you stop the rot and bring some class to the table.

is there a name for that type of poem?
where the 2nd and 4th line become the 1st and 3rd line in the next verse?

i will chop off a foot and mail it to you,you can knit me a sock for the other?
17 of 28  -   Report This Post

mamya

25th March 2011, 01:57
Not totally sure on the verse form, but odd socks are indeed my speciality. I can turn a fine heel you know.
18 of 28  -   Report This Post

mamya

25th March 2011, 02:01
Pantoum
This is a verse form of Malay origin written in interlocked eight syllable quatrains (4 lines) usually rhyming a-b-a-b in which the second and fourth lines of each stanza become the first and third lines of the next. The form is completed with the unrepeated first and third lines of the first stanza reversed as the second and fourth lines of the last. Thus, the poem begins and ends with the same line.

To work, a pantoum may only have two rhyme schemes (i.e. a and b) and must have an odd number of stanzas
19 of 28  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th March 2011, 02:28
thanks for that Mamya.

it doesn't spoil the magic knowing the discipline.

it was dylan thomas(via bob dylan)that 1st got me going on rhythm and rhyme etc.

his: Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

i must sound like a right bleeding ponce but who cares?not me!
The Joker x
20 of 28  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » hello?