CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jimb

29th May 2009, 09:02
trevor

May I, once again, reply on behalf of Campy, (if it pleases, m'lady)

I am 100% sure that there was no mockery intended in her remarks about your undoubted skill as a wordsmith and crossy king.

And your staunch support and defence of the ethos of this forum is most welcome. I think the true answer to your one down is Bruver!

JimB

11 of 20  -   Report This Post

campanilla

29th May 2009, 10:06
Trevor my boy, I mocketh not!!! Haven't I always said what I think (sometimes more volubly than others)? I meant what I said. It's very easy to give one word answers to questions but much more difficult and time-consuming to actually do the research and give the explanation which you always do, not forgetting JimC and Caravaggio of course, and it also makes the site much more enjoyable and friendly. I still remember one of the more memorable ones with Pooksahib where we all got stressed out trying to explain "as it were", absolutely hilarious. So it's back to work for you and stop fishing for more compliments, there are questions still to be answered!!!!!!

And JaimeBe my main thinking man, how the devil are you? I miss the joking and banter we had going, things are much more serious and staid now don't you think? Keeping well I hope, and Mrs. JimB?
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

trevor

29th May 2009, 14:00
You are both too kind, I remember the Pooksahib thread very well, those were the days eh!
Ho-Hum.
ps. had a lot of scotch last night
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

jimb

30th May 2009, 15:42
Campy, old girl,

nice to hear from you, ebullient as ever. Yes, there's been some good banter in the past and, hopefully, it can continue into the future.

Part of the recipe for success, I think, apart from the qualities of the participants, including those you highlight, is the availability of good quality quiz material to set the minds ticking and the debate flowing.

I'm fairly O.K. at present tho' Mrs JimB has consigned men to the doghouse ever since I unravelled my Juliet Cap and knitted the Wooly Warmer that I mentioned in a previous post.

Lovely weather at present in the North West of England so I shall crack open a bottle or two of the old Nelson Mandella and carry on watching the Cup Final

Ciao!
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

billyboy

31st May 2009, 21:25
Campanilla, JimB

Nice to see you both singing from the same hymn sheet again.

Welcome back, rock on babies!
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

jimb

31st May 2009, 21:45
BillyBoy

Hi! good to hear you're still around me.

JimB
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

campanilla

31st May 2009, 23:00
Hellooooooo boys!! Here I was bored out of my mind looking for something more interesting than the DT's and Mephistos and I came across you two old reprobates. Tell me who won Britain's got talent so that I won't have to trawl through YouTube to find out. On second thoughts, if it was that whiny little kid with the pushy mother, I don't want to know. I thought that Julian Smith or Flawless were the best of the lot but assume that the Homely Virgin actually won although it would have been worth Stavros Flatley winning just to see the look on the Queen's face...... We are not amused!!
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

jimb

31st May 2009, 23:18
Campo, dear friend,

BGT ain't my bag but for you I did some research and discovered that PC seemed to have won the day as some dancing group called Diversity seemed to have taken the plaudits.

I see a great gulf between crossword/quizzing activities and BGT, am I missing something?

JimB
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

campanilla

1st June 2009, 00:00
I know, I know, it's just nothing much of anything else is going on at the moment, no quizzes, interesting things to look up, swear at or tear your hair out to, don't you think? Sigh.... Booooring......
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

1st June 2009, 00:23
Dear Bored Campanilla,

Please take the opportunity to utter profanities and rip out your locks on my behalf if you wish. SWMBO says I make her do it all the time, so you might as well join the party.
20 of 20  -   Report This Post