CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

22nd March 2011, 20:19
? pardon?? what did he say???
only joking WEE J.
thank you Navigator for explaining.
11 of 45  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

22nd March 2011, 23:45
Hi, WJ. Sorry I managed to answer your RT13 post on RT12. I was merely pointing out that nyaff is what you are not. A person who gets his threads mixed up? Well, maybe.

Best wishes.

P
12 of 45  -   Report This Post

chris4food

23rd March 2011, 19:20
Evening all, down in the depths of Hay on Wye, visiting youngest daughter. Actually sat out in the garden the weather was so beautiful - and the scenery, too!!!
Didn't much like RT13, some of the clues, were not very good - but then, neither am I....
Stuck on 17d - last one - Simple change to good spot - I've got another word for spot, but don't know how I get to it, or even if it's correct -

-L-M-S-
Any additional help from all your clever bods out there
Re last week's and terpsichorean [think I've spelt it right!], I was a Morris Dancer in my previous incarnation, so hence knowing what the word meant.....
It was funny reading last week's comments this evening especially from the newcomer, whose name I can't remember [another senior moment], but his comments were so apt - stranger at the wedding - that's how I sometimes feel - like a hanger-on, wanting to belong to the gang, but not knowing the right password [or crossword]
Cheers everyone
Chris
13 of 45  -   Report This Post

bees

23rd March 2011, 19:22
Hi Navigator! Glad to see you've found your way back to us.
I wonder how many compilers the RT has? The character of the puzzles changes so often, I think there must be two.

14 of 45  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd March 2011, 19:26
good gives you the G.
15 of 45  -   Report This Post

bees

23rd March 2011, 19:38
Chris4food: 17d is not the obvious word for a spot.
16 of 45  -   Report This Post

terry

23rd March 2011, 19:44
that's because it's NOT a word for a spot. It's a word for spot.
17 of 45  -   Report This Post

nimrod

23rd March 2011, 20:59
Good evening all!
Welcome back to Navigator. Good to hear from you again. Your leave of absence certainly seems to have helped with your crossword skills!!
Yes, quite straight forward this week. Must be a reserve compiler.
Did like 4D, 14D & 15A.
Yes, Pipesmoker, 19D was rather feeble!!
18 of 45  -   Report This Post

karen

23rd March 2011, 22:47
Hi all re 17d
anagram of simple+g
Bet you have now!
Blessx
19 of 45  -   Report This Post

chris4food

24th March 2011, 07:48
Good morning all - I awoke with that Eureka feeling - surprising what a good night's sleep will do - realised what the correct answer was!!
Thank you all for your additional input, which I saw afterwards [honest]! I realised I was looking for the wrong sort of spot....
Y'all have a good w'end...
Chris
20 of 45  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 13