CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » AZED

turast

22nd March 2011, 15:29
SUDOKULOVER
Wilder answer crosses, in this order, insect,urn,vow. In column 2 under 2nd dn (salt) solution.
41 of 53  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

22nd March 2011, 15:35
Thanks Turast - I have the "vow" clue wrong then! Rethink!
42 of 53  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

22nd March 2011, 15:37
Aaaaaaah. It certainly does. Thanks!
43 of 53  -   Report This Post

turast

22nd March 2011, 16:31
The Vow Clue

To turn "HEART" into a word meaning harlot (and cake) you would have to have "__ __" as "T". Tricky clue! Forgot to add, the Wilder clue also provides the first letter for the "Singular place..." solution. (a reverse the whole lot job).
44 of 53  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

22nd March 2011, 17:08
Thanks to everyone for the helpful hints on this thread! My grid is complete - now just have to fill in the bars! Don't think there will be as many entries as normal for this one!
45 of 53  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd March 2011, 11:55
Finished save for one letter (so frustrating); no questions at all about all the other clues. Really a magnificent puzzle. You get the feeling that the artificer is more of a benign challenger than a Moriarty-like phantom tweaking cranial filaments (filaments: endless life reversed...Stop! Stop the voices!). Anyway...Bedding material? Jokes, tucking end inside (5), missing first letter. Just drawing a blank; I hope it's a Brit thing.
46 of 53  -   Report This Post

turast

23rd March 2011, 12:00
Bedding Material

Jokes in this case are JAPES. Tuck the end (S) inside the word and you have a word for bedding material.
47 of 53  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd March 2011, 12:20
Drat! So simple; just didn't know the word. Thanks so much, turast.
48 of 53  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

24th March 2011, 11:19
Have finished this with the help of the hints on here but don't understand a couple. the second last down, I got by elimination but can't find the fish in the dictionary or online. Also the 9th across - can "st" mean "for example", if not where does it come from? Any clarification gratefully received.
49 of 53  -   Report This Post

tony

24th March 2011, 11:27
Hi teenieleek

The fish is in Chambers.

The 9th clue is an anagram (worn) and is also in Chambers as Harvest - Eg tattie-howking
50 of 53  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » AZED